Chapter 16

A/N: I believe I'll start alternating between chapters focusing on the MC's perspective and those from the sister's perspective. I might switch to simply alternating perspective, like in the previous chapter, if it doesn't work.

Chapter 16 Same old, same old.

You punched the bag in the exercise area one last time, causing it to swing for a few seconds. After taking your towel from the side and wiping your sweat a water bottle was shoved in your face.

"Good morning!!!" Tabane said cheerfully.

"Yet you didn't even sleep. What are you up to?" you asked, still grabbing the bottle.

"Nothing much. I'll take you once the fun parts begin! Promise!" she said, holding her pinkie out, expectantly.

You rolled your eyes and moved your hand as well, causing her face to immediately light up as she completed a pinkie swear with you.

You then went to the bathroom to get a change of clothes since there was unfortunately only one bedroom in the hideout.

When you got out dressed in casual clothes you instantly saw Tabane with a measuring tape in her hands. This was a new phase. She hadn't tried to take them again after you had told her you didn't want an IS. Yet there she was again.

"I told you I'm not interested. I would stick out with an IS even if I were a girl." you said.

"It's not that anymore. I was thinking about using you as a test subject for something else. Nothing to do with IS." she replied.

"And how is that supposed to help?!?" you asked, stepping back as Tabane became more and more excited. "Can't we just work on something that doesn't include me as a component."

"Just a component?!?" Tabane responded with indignation in her tone. "I wouldn't use my Little Genius as a component. You'd become my masterpiece!"

She kind of trailed off at the end explaining some technical details and saying something about "the teacher reaching the student" while you decided to run past her. She began chasing you and caught you in a corner.

At that point you decided to stop playing along and took the measuring tape, wrapping it around the girl's head and heading to the main room as she was untangling herself.

The main computer had lit up and you could see a couple of signals. This was an idea you had come up with in order to "pass the time", although the real reason was to find out when your sister would start moving. It was tracking personal units and right now the markers for "Blue Tears" and "Shenlong" were active.

"Ooohhh! Is there a tournament I was unaware of?" Tabane asked, looking at the screen with an interested look.

"I don't think so…" you replied, switching to a map on one of the screens to check the origin. "It's from… a water park?"

By this point Tabane had lost her interest, as she did with pretty much anything that wasn't Orimura  or Houki related. And lately "you" related as well.

You closed the program. Since the girls in Chifuyu's class seemed to be acting up she was unlikely to call today. As such you went to the bedroom and put the phone on Tabane's side, slipping a hand under the mattress and grabbing a few papers, which were then stuffed in your backpack.

It was time to try leaving while Tabane was around. And even if she followed you this would be the perfect way to see if you could lose her.

"I'm leaving for a bit." You said, pressing a button that was hidden on the keychain decorating the backpack. "See you soon!"