Chapter Three: "Crude Awakening"

"Jake...Jake.. Jake wake up.. "Dude we start school in two days, you have to go shopping and get ready for school" Danny said. "What happened last night..." I said confused. "You passed out when you went to go sit down after u walked your sister home" Danny said. Oh.. that's it, thats all that happened? I asked. "Yeah why" Danny asked. "No nothing can you drive me home?" I asked him cautiously  "Sure.. hey I hope you had a good time last night".Danny said full of love. Yes It was perfect. (Thinking if that dream was really a dream).

  Well see you later Danny thank's for the ride. "Anytime Jakey". I called Max and asked him if he wanted to go shopping with me and we could spend the day together, he said yes (YAY). I hear knocking on my front door and Max is already here. Meanwhile I'm asking myself If I have everything in my head. "Come on Jake you always take forever" he said laughing. "Just grab your money and keys". Fine Max, let's go.... so where do u want to go?. I asked sighing. "The mall I guess why, did you want to go somewhere else". he asked. No it's fine I'm just tired, it's fine really babe. "You are so cute, hard to believe you would want to be with me" he said starring into my eyes as we sat in the car.

  (He's always been insecure which I don't get he's nice, attractive, sweet. romantic, but then again he dosen't have the best past. I remember his parents threw him out of the house, just because they thought he was gay!. He stayed at my house while he was kicked out..crying he said to me.."They hate me!!!...They HATE me Jake!". I tried to comfort him saying, no, no there just confused Max they don't know what to think.. give them time. That's why he's so afraid when I say something to someone, like Danny. He's been bullied a lot so I don't blame him for being insecure, but he's fantastic he should know that).

  "Max..your amazing in every way... don't think for a second you don't deserve me... If anything I don't deserve you. "Why would you say that Jake... you know your a great guy". He said fearless. Yeah...( I guess the thing at the bowling ally, and.. that dream and the way Danny looks at me sometimes are getting to me ugh... it's nothing!).  Well let's go... you ready?. "Yeah". (We drove for what seemed like hours blaring music but being silent). Of course when we get here he drags me into store, making me pick out what looks good on him.

  After 2 hours of us buying clothes pass we decide to go get something to eat together. I miss this Max.. I miss being alone with you. "I miss it too, I miss it a lot" he said gazing into my eyes as we sat across from each other. "So did you have a good birthday?, I still haven't giving you your present". He said smiling. "Here". he said giving me a little gift box. What is it?..."Just open it".. No way.. (In the box that I had opened I found tickets to go to this weekend resort thing out in Pennsylvania.

  Living in Jersey it wasn't that far. "Thank you so much babe... I love you I said smiling. "No problem.. We are gonna gave a great time I know it" he said sounding excited.  Yeah I'm sure of it too. "let's go to your house and watch a movie Jake.. we haven't done that in a while and it's a great way to tip off the summer" he said with a hint of sadness. Yeah that's true alright let's go.... Do you know what movie you wanna watch?. "nope" he said giggling. Okay well let's go Max. We got into the car and drove back back to my house holding hands in the car. "Shit my parent's are home act like your...you know straight". Hey mom we just gonna go upstairs and watch a movie or something and we already ate with some friends so, no dinner. "Okay baby... I'll be down here if you need anything.. your fathers out with his friends". We ran up the stairs and shut my door.

    So do you have any idea what movie you want to watch now? I hoped he would say a horror film or something like that, not some boring typical romantic shit that he always makes me watch. "how about this?" he said in hopes that I would agree. Sure why not I said forcing a smile knowing I would fall asleep. (He picks the slowest, most boring, romantic movie that we had. and it was in kelly's collection). I end up falling asleep not even 10 minutes into the movie and Max leave's at about 3:23 am. I wake up to a note he left saying: Guess what babe... see you at school in a few hours. "Fuck!" I screamed almost forgetting I'm late for the first day.