9

A/N: For anyone who doesn't know who Zayn Malik is ^ he plays X;
Songs featured in the chapter: Easily by Bruno Major, Safe With Me by Sam Smith

~

The countdown to Spring Fling was in everyone's mind. The students of Riverdale High had just about two weeks to buy dresses or tuxes, find dates, and best yet, vote for King and Queen.

For the past few days, Toni and Cheryl had been going to Toni's house straight after school. Avoiding her uncle, they'd work either in the garage or in her room, either on homework, decorations for the dance, or just goofing around.

Cheryl had thought about telling Toni about the mysterious man she met at the diner earlier that week, but she was actually having a great time with the girl. She didn't want to mess that up by bringing up people that don't matter.

As of now, they were laying on Toni's bed, listening to some of her records. Toni was throwing a foam ball at her ceiling. "Ask me something," Toni said still throwing the ball.

"What?"

"Oh, c'mon. I know there's something youve been dying to ask me. Especially about my mysterious past," She said. Cheryl thought for a bit. She had so many questions about Toni and her life.

"Okay, where's your parents?" Cheryl asked. The ball stopped hitting the ceiling and fell to the ground.

"Damn Blossom, what happened to normal questions like what's your favorite color?" Toni said softly, half joking. "Um my dad left when I was younger, and my mom died shortly after. I've lived with my uncle since I was about 10."

"I'm sorry," Cheryl said sincerely.

"You've been doing a lot of apologizing to me recently. What's up with that Blossom?" Toni asked. She was hoping to get Cheryl to open up to her a bit more about her feelings.

"Don't start acting like you get special treatment. I just decided that I could be a little nicer to you that's all," Cheryl half-lied. She knows she treats Toni differently than most, and she's okay with that. "Play another one of your records."

Toni rolled her eyes playfully but got up anyway to put on a record. Combing through her collection, she found one that fit the right mood she was trying to set. After placing the record in the player, she watched Cheryl for her reaction as the slow, deep rhythm filled her room.

'Don't you tell me it wasn't meant to be, Call it quits, Call it destiny'

Cheryl was nodding her head to the beat, clearly loving the girl's music taste.

"What's this song called?" Cheryl asked.

'Just because it won't come easily, Doesn't mean we shouldn't try'

"Easily, it's by Bruno Major. I found out about him when he toured with Sam Smith," Toni said. Cheryl's eyes widened, as if she didn't expect Toni to have taste.

"You listen to Sam Smith?" Cheryl asked.

'We had a good thing going lately, Might not have always been a fairytale,
But you know and I know,
That they ain't real,
I'll take the truth over the story'

Toni moved to sit back on the bed and nodded. "Yes the tough biker lady listens to Sam Smith," Toni joked and Cheryl giggled. "Want me to play one of my favorite songs?"

Cheryl nodded excitedly. She loved knowing personal things about Toni, it made her feel special and apart of her life. The new song that filled the room had a more upbeat tempo. It sounded extremely familiar to Cheryl, but she couldn't pin point where she heard the song before.