22

R.O.M.E.O.

I raise my right arm, checking the time on my watch.

Evie still hasn't texted me.

"Alright, bro, text me when you guys are ready. I'll stall," Watson says, his hand clapping my back as he walks out the front door.

My stomach twists in knots, hands moisten with sweat.

What's taking so long?

I pull out my phone, sending Alex a text.

Where's Evie? -R

I tap my foot as the next two minutes go by without answer.

My phone dings.

Can't find her dress, freaking out -Alex

WHAT?! -R

I sigh, rushing out of my room. I speed down the hallway towards hers, the silence in the hall lifting my guard.

More people should be out here.

There she is.

"Evie!" I call out, walking towards my girl.

Then I stop.

Wait a minute.

I thought she had this dress made for her. Why the hell is it dragging the floor?

My eyes travel up her body, landing on her right shoulder. An inch long scar sits foreign within the otherwise clear skin.

Blair.

"Do you like it? I had it custom made to match you," She says, spinning around, her eyes dark.

"Take it off," I growl.

She takes a step towards me, eyes lowered to another part of my body. "We can do that later."

My face scrunches. "Blair, what the fu-"

"Take it off!" Ariel booms, cutting me off. "Now!"

Eva walks behind her, face painted in rage. "What is your problem?! First the salt, now this!"

Blair's eyes widen, hand flying to her heart. "Eve, I thought you couldn't make it! Ariel Chadwick, I'm so sorry, I have a similar dress. I thought this was mine!"

Eva goes to speak but Ariel holds up a finger. "Stop lying and take it off."

"Where the hell did you even get it?! Did you go in my room?!"

"No, Eve, I would never. They must've gotten mixed up!"

"I said strip!" Ariel yells.

Blair looks me in the eye, her hands sliding up her back. "Fine."

She continues to stare at me as she slides the zipper down. She lets the dress drop as I spin around.

"All better?" She asks, strutting past me in only underwear, humming her tune.

I twist back around, watching as Evie grabs the dress.

"Give me five minutes," She yells, rushing inside her room.

Ariel sighs. "Whats wrong with your friend?"

I shrug. "I guess she has a crush on me."

"Well, if she really likes you, she should let you be happy," Ariel says, shaking her head.

"Blair doesn't really take no for an answer."

"Yeah, that girls been spoiled her whole life. Morgan and Dale suffered so many losses, she's their win."