XIV

"Zack, can I talk to you?"

"Yeah, man, what's up?"

"It's about Tyler."

Zack pauses the game they are playing and looks at his best friend, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I-I just...he told me something the first time we hung out together. Just us two not with you. And I wasn't planning on asking you this so soon. But with what might happen, I want to do it before it's too late."

"What are you talking about, Josh?"

Josh sighs nervously and explains his plan.

-

"Come in," Tyler says after hearing a knock on his bedroom door.

Josh walks in and smiles making the small boy grins, "Hi, Joshua."

"Hi, hunny."

"What are you doing here? I thought you had work."

"I got out early. I want to take you on a date."

"Oh," Tyler blushes. "Um, let me get dressed."

"Okay. No rush."

Tyler nods as his boyfriend leaves he bedroom.

After a few minutes, Tyler is dressed and ready to go. He meets Josh downstairs and they walk out to his car.

"So, where are we going?"

Josh chuckles, "You ask that every time. Can't I just surprise you every once in a while?"

"But I don't like surprises. You know that."

"But I love surprising you," Josh grins. "You're so cute when you're surprised."

"I'm not cute all the time?"

"No. You're beautiful."

Tyler blushes and grins. "I love you, Joshua."

Josh grins, "I love you, Tyler."

-

"This is where we had our first date," Tyler says excitedly as they arrive to the beach.

Josh nods fondly, "I know it's not ideal to be at the beach in January. But I thought I should make this special, and to make it special, I thought I'd take you back to the place where I first fell in love with you."

Tyler stares at him in shock and confusion.

"I know you told me not to fall in love with you. But by the time you told me that, it was too late. I was already so deep in love, there was no way I was going to get out."

Tyler smiles, his eyes filling with tears.

Josh lets out a breath and sticks his hand in his hoodie pocket, "Tyler Joseph."

"Joshua Dun."

Josh smiles and pulls out a small box.

Tyler's smile drops immediately. He covers his mouth as tears pour from his eyes.

Tears escape Josh's eyes as well as he turns in his seat to face Tyler better. He opens the box allowing the small boy to see the ring, "Tyler Joseph, will you marry me?"

Tyler squeezes his eyes shut allowing more liquid to fall down his face. He nods as he pulls his hands away and sniffles. "Mhm," he hums not being able to form words without accidentally letting a sob escape.

Josh grins and slips the band on Tyler's thin finger. Tyler leaps toward Josh being careful of his tube and hugs him tightly.

🔆♥️🔆