Chapter 12

The arrows glistened underneath the sun and the blades pointed at my neck was ready to pierce me. I swept my gaze across them all, and lets out a sigh.

"Proud Elves, is this really how you do things? You pointed your arrows and blades to the one who helped you save your kin?"

The commander's mouth dipped slightly.

"Watch your tongue demon. In front of you are the elites warriors of our kin; the king's guards themselves! It would be wise if you choose your next words carefully."

I snorted as I made an exaggerated shrug, and shook my head.

"If that is the case, then I suggest you put harsher qualifications for the recruitment of his guards. You do not want something to break in and harm him now, do you?"

The commander's smile had turned into a furious frown as he unsheathed his sword and pointed it at my neck.

"Was that a threat I hear, you lowly tainted-blood?"

I pushed his sword to the side with my index finger and raised my chin slightly.

"I am merely returning the favor you stuck up, glorified wood carver."

His face turned red in an instant, and he shouted as he raised his sword and swung it towards my neck. I stayed still, for I know that his sword will only bounce off my skin.

"Cease this!"

The sword stopped only a millimeter away from my neck. I turned my head towards the voice, and saw the stoic looking female elf from before. Her long silver hair danced in the wind, and her green eyes emits a regal radiance. From the way she walked, it was clear that she was a royalty, and the general's attitude was more than enough proof for that.

"Princess..."

The man quickly sheathed his sword, and knelt on one knee, his head facing the ground. His subordinates quickly followed after. It was clear to me that the woman was stronger than everyone in the group, the general being the only exception.

"Princess Karla Lunaria, the third princess of the Elves. We are here to rescue you."

The woman snorted in amusement as one edge of her mouth curled into a somewhat sadistic smile.

"From what, general Dalton? From my boredom?"

Princess Karla walked beside me, and pointed at me with her right hand.

"This gentleman here had done what you did not do, general. I am surprised to see you so proudly state that you are here to save me when I am already in a safe hand."

The man called Dalton turned his head to the side slightly, and deepened his bow.

"We are sorry for not being able to be the ones to save you, princess."

"I do not ask or want your apology, general Dalton."

Princess Karla walked a few steps forward and folded her arms.

"What I want to know the most is the reason why you dare point your blades towards my savior. If I deem your reason as ludicrous, then I will personally court martial you."

The princess's stern words sent fear to Dalton subordinates' heart. They started to steal glance at each other, and it was instantly clear to me that they did not know why they were mobilized.

"Princess Karla, we are here by the king's order."

"Oh? Did he command you to stand in the middle of the road, waiting for me to pass?"