Chapter Four

Sandstorm sat in the camp clearing sadly.
She stood up as she watched Bramblepaw and Tawnypaw walk towards her.
"Please leave me alone," she mewed padding away from the two apprentices.
"Sandstorm," Tawnypaw mewed sympatheticly, "please listen to us."
Sandstorm turned around, "what do you want," she mewed with a hint of a growl rising in her throat.
"We- we want to talk to you in private," Bramblepaw mewed.
Sandstorm nodded, "very well, where do you want to talk?" She mewed.
"In the apprentices den if you don't mind," Tawnypaw mewed.
Sandstorm nodded and padded slowly to the apprentices den.
When the three cats had gotten to the apprentices den Sandstorm sat down on the cold stone.
Tawnypaw and Bramblepaw lay down in their nests in front of her.
"We want to leave with you," Tawnypaw mewed.
Bramblepaw nodded, "our father is cruel and we don't want everyone to see us for what he has done," He mewed.
Sandstorm looked at them in bewilderment, "I- I'm supposed to stay here," she mewed.
"We know, but we also know you love Fireheart," Tawnypaw mewed.
Sandstorm blushed, "yes, I do love him. But if too many cats go with him Tigerstar is sure to find him."
Tawnypaw nodded, "so what if Bramblepaw and I said we knew a secret way out of camp? We could sneak out and go the other way to district them then find them later. Tigerstar is sure to come after us and we can lead him to a dead end."
Bramblepaw nodded, "so, are you in?"
Sandstorm shook her head, "I can't. I can't put the two of you in danger..."
Tawnypaw raised her head, "It won't be danger for us, Tigerstar won't hurt us," she mewed.
Bramblepaw nodded, "yeah, and even if it was danger we're up for the adventure," he mewed.
Sandstorm shook her head, "I said no. I won't come on your suicidal mission," she mewed.
Tawnypaw sighed as Sandstorm refused to go with them, "ok... Think about it though, ok?"
Sandstorm rolled her eyes, "I'll think about it."