5: Doesn't Matter

You stood at the edge of the cliff, your hair being blown into your face as your scarf rippled in the wind with your skirt. Tears were streaming diagonally down your face as they were forced by the wind. You looked like a mess, you couldn't stop the flow of the tears but you couldn't care less. You cared about one thing only: not being alive. You looked straight ahead into the endless sky and tops of trees that were too thick to see past. Your mind went blank for a millisecond, and then all thoughts of him rushed into your head. 

Can I never have a moment of peace with you?

Can't I just leave?

You said you'd come back. 

It's been a week.

I can't keep lying to our son.

I can't keep lying to myself.

You promised.

You sighed. You closed your eyes and mentally prepared yourself for the fall. You took a step forward.

But you were yanked back.

Two strong arms had wrapped themselves around your torso as you here hugged to the chest of a familiar man.

You let yourself fully sob as he turned you around so your face rested in the crook of his neck as you cried, soaking his shirt.

"I'm not even gonna say it's okay, because I know it's not. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry (Y/N)." You only sobbed harder at his apology.

"I'm so selfish." You sobbed. "I would've left Joo-won alone. I would've made my family pay for my funeral or police to investigate my disappearance. I would have caused so much worry for nothing! What am I thinking?! Why am I so hopeless?!" You sobbed louder into his chest as you took all your anger out. You shrieked until your throat was sore. You repeatedly hit a high spot on the left side of his chest with your barely clenched fist, he showed no signs of pain as he held you tightly to him. You mumbled a 'Thank you' muffled by your sobs and his chest.

...

"Why? Why did you leave?" It was the next morning and you had calmed down. Joo-won was overjoyed that Mark was home, but all the joy wore him out so he was still asleep. Your head rested on Mark's thighs as he played with your hair. He couldn't avoid eye-contact, so he had to answer. He sighed.

"There was some... stuff to sort out. It's fine now."

"What about the bruises?"

"W-what bruises?"

"Don't try to lie to me, Mark. You know I saw the bruises."

"Umm... well, I'm not allowed to see you."

"What?!"

"Or I wasn't before," he corrected himself quickly. "Relax, as I said, it's sorted now."

"Who?"

"That doesn't matter." 

You sighed. "Fine. I'll find out anyway."

"Nothing even matters anymore, you don't need to." 

You sigh in frustration. 

"(Y/N)."

"Yeah?"

"Nothing, I just like saying your name." 

You roll your eyes before slapping his leg. "Oh come on, that's such an old line." 

He smirks. "But you still love it."

It was silent for a few moments as you stared at each other.

"I love you, (Y/N)"

"I love you too, Mark."

======================================================================

[A/N]:

Felt like being nice this chapter <3

As for next chapter, umm... brace yourselves ^-^

I'd say I'm sorry but I'm not. This change in writing style is actually sort of fun :)

Please go follow ParkYRN and AmazingJade_ coz they're awesome and check out some of their books! My personal favourites are || BTS Eighth Member || and Reaper >> A Solangelo Fanfiction! 

Thank you for reading, sorry for any spelling or punctuation mistakes!