Chapter 2

Alana's P.O.V

" Excellent job Aj. You find a dead body then yell to someone who may be the killer" Diane says sarcastically and claps her hands while slowly coming out of the bush, making Sierra grab on to my arm.

"What? Why were you hiding in those bushes?" I asked skeptically.

"The same reason you guys are going to find a shelter because there's a killer out there or in other words, zombies." I heard from behind Diane.

"Yeah what he said." Diane said and the person from behind her stepped out of hiding.

"Jasper" Carter and I say to the basketball player

"Wait?! You know guys him?!" Sierra asked Carter and me as she lets go of my arm

"Yeah he is our cousin" Carter told Sierra and I nodded in confirmation

"What do you mean zombies? They don't exist." I said to Jasper, not convinced.

"Oh they do trust me but I don't expect you to know Alana because you have a little brain so you can't see the signs of zombies." Diane says to me.

I don't know why Diane doesn't like me. I have never done anything to her. The only thing I did was have a crush on her and she doesn't even know that because I pretty sure she is straight.

"Ok that's enough Diane. Be friendly, we all have to work together and find a safe place to go." Jasper said to her and Diane shut her mouth.

"I know a place that will do for a shelter, follow me." Carter said from next to me.

"Okay lead the way before Alana thinks of something stupid." Diane said to Carter

What did I do to her? Ugh..

"We should go get food first, the Cumberland Farms was empty." I say to the others, ignoring Diane's glares and snarky comments.

"Aj is right we need food if we're going to be in hiding." Carter backs me up and the rest nod their heads in agreement.

We all walked to the empty Cumberland Farms and grabbed as much food as we could fit in our school bags.

"Ok. Let's get going, it's getting late." Sierra said to which we all nodded in agreement and we followed Carter to the location he spoke of earlier.

We had been walking for about 14 minutes,  when I spotted a undead being coming towards us.

"Guys run now, let's go!" I shouted, taking the gun I had hidden and started aiming at it's head and I started shooting.

The zombie started to head towards Diane but I rushed to her before it could touch her and shot it right in the brain. It fell fully dead on the ground.

"Lets go before more come." I said to all of my friends and we started to walk again.

We walked in till we were 2 streets from my house and in front of a abandoned apartment.

"We will stay here for a while and I will assign all of us rooms." Carter told to us when we stepped into the apartment as he locked the door behind us.

Then Sierra started to tell us who was sharing a room with who.

"Johnny you are by yourself,  Sam and Lawson , Jasper and Jules.."

"Aj and I" Sierra stopped when Carter whispered something in her ear, "Ugh!"

"Diane and Aj...which leaves Carter and I."

Oh this going to be interesting......