Chapter 9

Sierra's POV

So this morning we were all dragged out of bed to start the hunt for a new shelter. Also apparently, we need to stay in two so we were partnered up once again.

It's Aj and Lilian, Julia and Jasper, Lauren and Lawson, and then it's Carter and I.

Which I don't mind...I...I...I think I'm starting to like Carter....more than a friend....

"Pick up the pace guys! " Alana ordered Carter and I, peering back at us with a light glare.

Carter and I do as we are told.

She has been wicked strict and has had a resting bitch face all morning...i can tell she is hiding that she's still upset and she is trying stay strong for everyone. I hope she'll be okay.....

~*6 Hours Later*~

"Okay time to stop and rest guys. Set up your tents everyone and get with your partners." Alana says  to all of us.

After setting up the tents I decide to talk to Carter about Alana.

"Hey, Carter?" I say getting his attention

"Yes Sierra? And by the way, call me CJ." he says to me, a bright smile striking his beautifu- off topic!

"Well um...should we see if AJ is okay? She's been, well you know, not acting like herself. " I say to him with a upset look

"Ye-actually it looks like Lillian has got this." he says pointing towards AJ. I see Lillian talking to her and rubbing her back comforting her.

They would make a cute couple just like Carter and I would...wait did I just think that?

"Ohh yeah! I guess she does!" I say looking back at him with a smile.

"Um...can we go somewhere and talk?" He asked rubbing his neck, his ears were tinted a light shade of red.

"Yeah I would love to." I say smiling wider.

Carter and I started to walk a little further from the others to a big rock. Once we were at the foot of it, we climbed up it and sat beside each other.

I rested my hand beside Carter's as he began to speak.

"So how are you doing with everything that's happened so far?" he asked, sincerity in his voice. 

"I'm doing as good as we all can with what has happen so far. How are you holding up?" I tell him truthfully looking at the sunset.

"I'm good. At least I know  my sister is with me and safe..and you are safe with me too" he says I could feel his eyes on me so I looked over at him and smiled widely.

I always thought he didn't like me at all and I was just some annoying girl who hung out with his twin sister...

"That...that's sweet." I tell him, his ears turning a dark red this time around.

"You know I remember when i first met you at my house." he said looking at me "You were only person I liked out of all of Aj's best friends she has had." he tells me moving his hand closer to mine

"Really?" I say, me being the one to blush this time

"Yep really. You want to know something?" he said now grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers, his face moving closer to mine.

"Y-yes" I stuttered out blushing even more

"I have had a crush on you since the day I laid eye on you " he says to me his forehead now leaning  against mine

"You wanna know something?" I asked him smiling and looking into his curious brown eyes

"Yes?" He says to me

"I have a crush on you too." I tell him truthfully with a wide smile on my face

"Well um..then will you, Sierra Wilson, be my girlfriend?" He asked me nervously

"Yes I will Carter Jackson" I say to him with a grin and he let go of my hand placing it on my cheek pulling me into a passionate kiss before letting go so we could both take a breather.

After we made out a little more we talked for a bit till it was time to go with the others and eat dinner...

______________________________

Thank you for reading Sara and I's book!

Also I'm really sorry for not updating sooner it's been a rough couple of months but we are back to writing.