-Account of Hisashi Hitotomi- Part I

Part I

It was middle school when I first met him.

Who would've knew we'd be friends at first, bestfriends even.

We were complete opposites.

The first time I saw him, I knew immediately, we'd be foes rather than comrades.

We were at the same class.

I was a delinquent back then.

Cutting classes, frequent absents, even getting myself involved in fights.

It was my life before I met him.

He was the new kid of the school.

Everyone was looking at him with curiosity.

Of course, the bullies set their marks on him.

Entering the classroom, the atmosphere turned silent and gloomy as I approached my seat.

The adviser entered, followed by the new kid.

"Okay! We have a new student entering this semester. Go ahead and introduce yourself." the adviser said.

"I'm Haru Kanzaki. Best regards to all of you." he said bowing in front of everyone.

"Your seat will be there, near the window at the front."

"Sir, can't I just sit near that vacant seat near the door?" he said as he points towards the location.

Everyone turned their sights near the seat, as I was the one sitting next to it.

"Believe me, you'd rather seat here near the window." the adviser said.

"Well, I'd rather seat there than near the window." Haru said as he walks down of the platform and proceeds towards the seat next to me.

He sets his sights on me, saying "Hi."

I ignored him and looked away.

"Um, you're supposed to say 'hi'..."

"Leave me alone." I replied, glaring at him.

"H-hey, cut me some slack. I just started here."

I kept my mouth shut and just tried sleeping.

The first period starts.

I practically started dozing off, but the new kids keeps pestering me.

"Hey, class is starting, wake up!" Haru says in a whisper.

"Hey, new kid, better leave him alone." the classmate in front of him says.

The new kid kept pestering me and I barely dozed off during the class.

Lunch break.

He keeps following me, wherever I went.

"Hey wait up!"

"Stop following me, runt!"

"It's rude calling someone a runt you know! I just want to be friends with you!"

"Friends?"

I stopped walking as I looked directly at him.

"I don't need friends."

"Isn't that kind of lonely?" Haru said as he looked down at the window.

"I mean, won't you find it boring to go to school and not have friends?"