Chapter 26 Concert Deals

I walked towards the entrance of the mall and made my way towards the grocery store. I needed something to eat for dinner.

I grabbed some macaroni and broccoli. I got chicken and then went to pay. "Hello" I smiled at the older lady.

She scanned my stuff and I gave her ten pound. She gave me change. "That younger lad has been looking at you the moment you entered the shop." she told me with a wink. I grabbed my groceries and thanked her.

Niall was the boy she had been talking about. I walked out of the shop, Niall following behind me. "So you were looking at me?" I turned towards him.

He smirked and nodded. "Couldn't keep my eyes off of a beauty like you." I sat down on a bench him siting beside me.

"Niall Niall!" I exclaimed running towards my best friend. He turned around and smiled a forced smile, I frowned.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. he laughed loudly.

"You don't know what's wrong? you?" He raised one eyebrow. it seemed like he was looking down on me.

"Why are you acting like this?" The smile that had formed on my face when I saw him had fallen into a frown.

"You." he said softly. "You. That's what's wrong." he said louder for the whole hallway to hear.

"Can't you see?" he asked. "I was never your friend. When you told me you liked me last night, I completed my bet." he shrugged carelessly. I sighed, knowing I was hurt once again.

"I'm sorry Niall. I didn't see. I couldn't see you were never my friend." I tried to hold back my tears. "I fell for your game. You broke me, like you said you would."

"You won." I told him. I turned around looking at him one last time. and I could've sworn I saw hurt in his eyes.

I walked towards the bathrooms and started crying. I cried, I missed my first class, maybe even my second class. But I didn't care.

The person I thought who would hold me right now, was the person to cause my pain. all my friends caused me pain. And it hurt so much, to be hurt over and over again.

I whipped my eyes and wanted to exit the bathroom but the door was slammed open by Mandy. She seemed to be always all over Niall.

"So he dumped the little loser?" she asked with a snarl.

"We weren't even together." I told her. it didn't hurt to say that, it hurt to know he would've if we were indeed together. That our love would've been fake.

Mandy some closer. "He told me you'd be in here. He told me I could hurt you" she whispered. I closed my eyes, knowing he wanted to hurt me.

"Then hurt me." I whispered back. Mandy smirked and before I knew it she slapped me hard across the cheek making me bump my head into the wall.

"You should've thought about being Niall's friend, getting in my way, stealing him away from me." she hit me with her fist this time, making me stumble back.

"I-I'm sorry." I told her. "But he was never my friend." she pushed me to the ground.

"Yet you took away his time, he could've spend that time on me." she towered over me. She kicked me in the gut.

"But that wasn't enough for you was it?" she kicked me again her feet hitting my stomach. "You had to take it so far, that he had to pretended to like you, love you maybe."

She seemed really angry and I tried to get myself up so she wouldn't be able to kick me to the hospital. Literally. "I-I'm sorry. But he hurt me too." I tried.