Chapter 8

Sorry that I haven't updated guys. I had a family emergency. But I'm back :) 

*After the Colombia vs Greece game* I must say James is good, really good. As soon as the game ended, I walked to the exit.  After about 15 minutes, I heard my name. I turned around and saw James with a jacket, some sweatpants, and a duffel bag over his shoulder. He looked really attractive. "Alexa? What are you doing here?" He asked with a wide smile. "I needed to talk to you and also apologize." I answered smiling back. Just as he was about to answer, his teammates called his name and told him to hurry up. "I'm sorry, I really have to go. I'll text you." He said as he turned around and got into the bus. I turned around, got in my car, and drove home. 

When I opened the door, I saw my uncle Thiago sitting on the couch with a mad face. "What's wrong?" I said walking toward him. "Did you forget about practice this morning?" He asked getting up from the couch. I instantly felt horrible. I had never missed a practice when I was here in Brazil, and I knew my uncle was mad. "What was so important that you forgot practice?" He asked with a straight face."It's not like I don't have a life" I replied walking into the kitchen. "Excuse me? You have never missed a practice. What's going on?" He asked following me into the kitchen. "I don't have to tell you everything. I'm 19, leave me alone." I yelled as I ran to my room. I entered my room and slammed the door. Me and my uncle had never yelled at eachother like that. I decided to text my childhood friends Bruna and Camila. 

"Are you guys free?" 

"I'm free. The cafe in 20 minutes?" Camila replied

"See you guys in 20 :)" Bruna replied

I had always been able to trust my friends, I hoped they would be able to give me good advice. As I arrived at the cafe felt my phone vibrate, but decided to ignore it guessing it was my uncle Thiago. I walked in and saw Bruna. I walked over to her and hugged her. "Camila is not here yet?" I asked as we sat down. "You know her, she's always "fashionably" late." Bruna said as she smiled. 5 minutes later Camila arrived looking beautiful as always. She hugged as and sat down. "So what's up Lex?" Bruna asked taking a drink from her coffee. I explained everything from meeting James to the fight earlier with my uncle. "I think you're uncle just doesn't want you to grow up. I mean ever since I could remember, you guys were always together" Camila said looking at me. "Camila's right. Now about the guy, give him a chance Alexa." Bruna said as she playfully punched me. "She's right." Camila said smiling. "I was on my way home, do you guys wanna come?" Bruna asked getting up. "Yeah it's been a while" I said smiling.

6 hours later, I was opening the door to my house. It was only 7:30, but I was exhausted. Camila and Bruna had decided it would be fun to work out. It was fun,but tiring. I walked into the living room and saw my dad watching TV. When he saw me, he patted the empty spot next to him. I sat down and hugged him. "Your uncle told me what happened. What's going on?" "Nothing I just wasn't having a good morning and I let it out on him. Is he here?" My dad pointed upstairs and smiled.  I walked upstairs and saw mu uncle playing with Isabella. I knocked on the door and walked in. "Can I talk to you?" I asked him as he looked up at me. "Always." He said as he smiled. He got up and we went into the hallway. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted like that. I just wasn't having a good morning." I said as I walked up to him and hugged him. "It was my fault. Let's just forget this yeah?" He asked while hugging me tight. "I agree" I pulled back and smiled at him. "I'll be back, I'm gonna change." I said walking into my room. I closed my door and took my phone out of my pocket. I remembered I had gotten a text and checked it. It was from James.

"I'm free in 20 minutes. Wanna meet?"

I felt bad, but I knew he was busy right now. I would text him tomorrow, I told myself. I put my phone to charge and went downstairs to eat dinner.

The next morning I heard someone in my room. I opened my eyes and saw my uncle Enrico walking toward the bed. "Time to get up Lex! Guess who you are spending the day with? This guy right here!" He said as he jumped on my bed and pointed to himself. I swear he didn't act 21 at all around me. "OK, okay I'm up!" I yelled taking the pillow off of my face. Today should be interesting, I thought to myself. After 5 minutes of talking fast, my uncle left the room to get ready. I got my phone and saw I had a message. It was from James.

"Wanna meet today? I'm free all day." 

"I'm sorry for not answering yesterday, I didn't hear my phone. I'll try to meet you today. My uncle Enrico wants to spend the day together,but I'll try to get away for a little bit."

"well text me if you can :)" 

"Sure :)"

 I got up and showered. I really wanted to meet James and tell him I'm sorry, but knowing my uncle Enrico, it would be hard to get away from him. It didn't hurt to try though. Half an hour later, I was in downtown Rio de Janeiro with my uncle Enrico. He decided to go eat pizza. We went to this pizzeria that we had gone to since I was little. We walked in and found a table. I looked around and remembered that I loved coming here when I was younger. As I was looking around, I saw James sitting by himself in the corner. I was debating whether or not I should call him over. I finally decided that I should just get it over with. Just as I was about to tell my uncle I was going to the restroom, a girl came and hugged James and sat down. I guess I had waited too long. I ignored it and decided to have a good day with my uncle.