Dancing and Surprises

Lucy POV

I blinked as the spotlight shown down on us. The applause of the people down below rang through my ears. It was just so much to take in. "Ashley?" I leaned over to Natsu. I wasn't to sure if he heard me, but he answered back.

"I had to think of something." We were halfway down the large staircase. I could see everyone down on the ballroom floor. Each person was scattered. Gray and Juvia stood in the center of the floor, and Juvia was making a face like she was upset about something. Erza was leaning up against a pillar close to the entrance, and Wendy was next to the buffet table talking to some boy.

"What I want to know is," I kept talking to Natsu, "why did you bring me to get introduced?" Natsu flashed me his toothy grin.

"Oh, that's easy. I wanted everyone here to know that your here with me!" I felt myself blush a little underneath my mask. For some reason, he always said the right thing to make me blush. I let myself to smile. This night was going to be amazing. I could just tell. Something was going to happen, and I just can't wait.

Once we finally reached the bottom of the stairs, the music had started up again. I could see a happy Juvia as she grabbed Gray's wrists and started twirling him around. I couldn't help but giggle. They just looked too cute.

I turned to look at Natsu. He was staring at me. I gave him a confused look. "Is something wrong?" Natsu realized he was staring at me and quickly turned away. I could swear it looked like he was slightly blushing.

"Oh, n-no, it's nothing." I felt somewhat disappointed.

"Oh, I see," we didn't say anything for a while. The music played in the background as I watched some couples dance across the floor. My whole body began to perk up. I had an idea. I turned back to face Natsu. "Hey, Natsu!" He looked back at me, and I smiled. "Do you want to dance?"

It looked like his eyes widened, but he didn't say anything. I took it as a yes. I grabbed his hand, and walked over to where the other people were dancing. I'm not sure why, but I felt very excited to just to dance with him.

Erza POV

I watched as everyone was having a blast. I smiled to myself when I noticed Natsu and Lucy walking onto the dance floor. Both of them had been through do much when they were a part. I remember when Lucy was taken the first time. Natsu was so upset. He distanced himself even more in the Council's meetings. Whenever I would patrol the halls at night, there would be loud crashing sounds coming from his room, and in the morning, the place would be a mess. Tables would be overturned. There would be holes in the walls and the ceiling. The only peaceful thing would be his cat, Happy,  sleeping peacefully on his bed. I could tell to when Lucy returned how sad she was. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying,  and I didn't want to think what the people in the Heartfilia Castle put her through for running away. But they were together for now, and that's what mattered. No matter what those two were always happy when they were together, but even I didn't know how long that would last this time around.

I took a deep sigh. What was I to do? Makarov would, but he was still gone. I felt worried. Nobody knew where he was or what happened. God, Makarov, where are you?

"Excuse me, Miss, but would you care to dance?" I snapped out of my thoughts. A man wearing a mask and a formal cloak was standing in front of me with his hand out. He had the hood up on his cloak, so his hair wouldn't show, but I had my suspicions.

"Sure," I answered. I was awfully suspicious of this guy. It could have just been my nerves, but still.......

The man smiled as we walked to the dance floor. He put his one hand on my waist and the other  held my hand. I put the other one on his shoulder, and we started to dance.

For a long time at the castle, I have been the one to help out teaching others to dance. I always led. Everyone would complain or look completely exhausted. I had no clue why, but this was an actual formal event, so I wasn't really suppose to lead, and besides....... he wouldn't let me.

"Stop pouting, it doesn't suit you, Erza." My body stiffened when he said my name. His voice was familiar. In fact, it was VERY familiar. Ridiculously familiar. So much, I easily pinned it to the person that matched it. I was right to be suspicious. I sighed.

"So, I was right from the beginning. It is you, Jellal," he smiled. Of all times, he could show up, he chose now. "What are you doing here?" I asked with a tiny bit of disgust in my voice. It didn't even faze him. He tilted his head and gave this innocent face.

"Why, isn't this suppose to be an open event?" I glared at him from under my mask.

"It's open to citizens of The Dragon Slayers Kingdom. In other words, not you not." He shook his head in disappointment.

"Such harsh words from such a pretty face." I felt like blushing, but I didn't. I couldn't. Even if I wanted to............ wait, what?!

"I'm just so surprised you came here alone. A single soldier against an entire room full of soldiers," I smiled and laughed a little, "I'm sorry, Jellal, you're good, but you're not that good."

"Who said I was alone?" I stopped laughing when he said that. I quickly turned my head to look at the other guests in the room. A hand quickly grabbed my chin and turned my head away from everybody else. I glared at Jellal.

"What are you up to, Jellal?" He grinned.

"Right now, this," in that moment, I could no longer hear the music. I could no longer tell you where I was because at that moment my brain had completely shut down. The only thing I did know was that Jellal's lips were pressed against mine.