Memories

I locked the door and tore off my pink dress. My father has done horrible things before, but he just crossed a line. I was done with all the constant pamperring and being ignored.

I stormed over to my closet and pulled out a ratted looking peasant dress with a hooded cape. I put it on then started concentrating on my magic. Suddenly, a stairwell made of water formed outside my bedroom window.

I picked up the skirt of my dress and walked down the stairs. I may come back eventually, but, for now, I am going to be on my own.

Erza POV

I followed close behind Laxus who was cursing under his breath. My men trailed behind us. My mind continued to drift to new ideas to torture Jellal. He may have been my closest friends when we were kids, but now we are enemies.

"How is it the most powerful soldier is a woman? I could easily kill her in one swipe," Laxus muttered. As much as I hated Laxus, I learned to put up with him.

"If that is so, why am I along?" I asked suspiciously. Laxus looked back like he wasn't expecting a response.

" Because without you here, I'd be called a criminal." I sighed expecting that answer. All Laxus ever did was try to think of new ways to climb to power or worry about keeping his current power.

I looked up at the noon sun without it hurting my eyes. It was day, but we marched on undisturbed because we were in the woods. Our target was just on the outskirts of town by the forest, and we planned to attack from behind. People could see us from below but barely. They couldn't recognize us from our far distance.

Laxus stopped suddenly. I looked to see that we arrived at our destination. I turned around to face my men.

"Under any circumstance, you do not move an inch unless ordered to!" I yelled at my men. They obeyed my command by replying, yes mam. "We're ready for your word Laxus." Laxus grinned.

" That won't be needed Erza. I have a different approach." With a flick of his wrist, a bolt of lightning struck a bush next to the house. A fire started almost immediately. "Remember Erza if anyone asks, the prince started it."

" Are you sure he gave permission to burn down a robbers house. He never seemed to want any publicity."

"Trust me Erza, this is what he truly wanted. Let's go." Laxus walked off in the direction they came. Something seemed off to me, but it was probably just the left over feeling of betrayal by Jellal.

"Follow!" I yelled at my men. We all walked off leaving the blaze behind us.

Jellal POV

I marched back and forth in the hall trying to think of my new plan to become king. I have loathed The Heartfilias since I met them, but I continued to put up with them. If only I could be with Erza again, my plan would be complete.

I felt my heart skip a beat when I thought of Erza. She was always beautiful with that scarlet hair of hers. She was the most radiant in the evenings.

We would use to run through the lilac flower beds. She would chase and tackle me until we both fell over

from laughing.

"Say Jellal, your good at fighting. Why don't you join the army when you're older?" Erza asked laying on her side. Her red hair draped strands in her face.

"I'm not as strong as you, Erza. They wouldn't hesitate to take you in."

"I'd never join without you," I turned to lay on my side to face her. I gazed into her eyes and never wanted to leave.

"Erza," that's all I could say. She was always able to leave me speechless.

Erza sat up and fixed her skirt. As I started to sit up, she held out her pinkey finger. "Let's promise that both of us will become the strongest fighters in Fiore." I hesitated for minute thinking about what she just said.

I linked my pinkey with hers and said,"I promise."

That was many years ago, and I could remember it all very clearly. We both kept our promise, but things can change. Now Erza wanted me dead, and I wanted Erza.

I was still pacing when one of my men came running up to me. "Sir, the king urges your presence immediately." I rolled my eyes and followed the soldier.