chapter 9

Castiel woke up finding himself in his destroyed room; he remembered he had another freak out episode. He rolled onto his side and realized his head was on Dean's stomach. He blushed and sat up quickly. He stared at the sleeping cop, he was cute when sleeping. It made him forget how annoying he really was.

He laid back down using the cop's stomach for a pillow. He let out a sigh. "Why do I feel safe with him? He'll just betray me in the end..." He closed his eyes as he felt fingers stroke his hair, he started to hum.

Dean grinned as he kept his eyes closed and stroked the humming man's hair. He did like Castiel. He wasn't sure why...but it wasn't out of pity for what had happened to him with Fritz. The first day it was as if they were old pals...they just happened to get along in a strange dysfunctional way. Castiel groaned and rolled onto his side as Dean continued to stroke his hair. Castiel's behavior to petting of his hair reminded Dean of a kitten. And the fact Castiel was humming was very cat alike. He could only guess Castiel's mother used to stoke her son's hair. Either way Dean found something that calmed the other man down.

--------------------------------------------

-flash back-

"Your mother hung herself this morning." The man said quietly.

"She did?" Dean asked coolly. It didn't surprise him at all. His mother had severe depression after his father was killed. She didn't care about herself or her own son that happened to look like her husband. "Was there a note or anything?"

"It just said something about how she was going to join her husband." The man didn't understand why Dean wasn't shocked.

Dean nodded, "I knew it was going to happen...didn't know it was going to happen this soon though." He sighed; he was only on the force for about a month. Not enough time to show his mother he was going to be a great cop.

--------------------------------------------

Castiel continued to hum as he started to nuzzle his head against the hand that stroked his hair. Dean opened his eyes and watched Castiel, "Morning Kitty Cas."

Castiel sat up quickly, his face red in embarrassment, "I w-was just..."

Dean sat up and smiled, "You're cute."

Castiel stood up and looked around his destroyed bedroom, "Crap."

Dean watched as the other man searched for some clothes. Castiel grabbed some pants and tossed them to Dean, and then he got another pair. Dean blinked at the pants, "Can I ask you something, Cas?"

Castiel sighed, "No."

"What happened yesterday?" He watched the other man change his shirt, "What did that guy say to you?"

Castiel turned to him, "If Fritz finds out I cheated on him...he'll kill me and my mother."

"Cheating on him, with who?"

"Who do you think? You, idiot!"

"We haven't done anything...maybe some touching but n-"

"He calls that cheating!" Castiel yelled, "He knows when someone has touched his property."

Dean stood up, "Look...once he's dead you and your mother will be safe."