Chapter 2 (POV Moonwatcher)

It wasn't every day you met someone who could read minds. Especially when it was someone as unlikely as Moonwatcher. She would be starting high school today as a completely normal student who blended in with everyone else. She didn't want to provoke too much attention to herself because then she would get closer and closer to letting her secret out. One or two friends is a good amount. But I will wait a while to see if they are good at keeping secrets then, and only then, will I reveal it to them. UGH! What are you thinking Moon! You can't let anyone see who you really are even if you trust them completely. Hmmm, maybe mother was right, maybe I'm not ready for this. She smacked herself in the head and breathed deeply, in and out. Calm down Moon, you've got this in the bag. She had been homeschooled her whole life so school was something new to her. It would be hard to concentrate on everyone's minds active but she thought she could do it. She better do it. The only person who new her secret was her mother, Secretkeeper. Well her name suits her nicely, Moon thought. Keep it together Moon, everything is going just fine. She walked up to the gate and forced herself to walk through it but as she did a huge wave of busy busy minds swept past her, making her stumble and almost fall over, but she kept her balance. A young girl swept up to her and joyfully bumped her side. "Hey there! I'm kinkajou. Are you excited for high school? I sure am! I can't wait to do maths, English, art, music, drama, computing, DT and everything else! I think I skipped out a few important ones there. But who cares? I don't, because I'm going to high school!!!" Her mind was an explosion of glitter, rainbows, polka dots and unicorns.

"Uhhhh, hi. I'm Moonwatcher, but you can just call me Moon." She was beginning to get a headache from this girl, Kinkajou, whatever her name was.

"I can just tell that we are going to be beeeeeessssttttt friends! You can come round my house tonight and we'll make cupcakes and eat cupcakes and watch a movie and I'll give you a house tour! That will be so fun! You can come, right? You better be able to come or I'll be lonely just eating cupcakes by myself. So you'll come right?"

Kinkajous face oddly reminded Moonwatcher of her puppy, dreamy. "Uh, yeah. I will ask my mom to see if I can make it. That sounds fun", she said with little enthusiasm.

While Kinkajou went on about how excited she was for school Moon looked at the tiny girl. She was only about four inches smaller than herself and had rainbow dyed hair that was down with a pink bow clipped on the side of her head and was wearing a pink dress with short sleeves and a flowy skirt that bounced along as she walked. She was wearing huge golden hoops in her ears and had a cyan backpack that was half unzipped due to a huge project book not being able to fit in it. She had white ankle socks and black ballet flats. Moon did think she could be a good friend who would look out for her and help her if she needed anything. She seems like your average excitable rainwing. Who could be a better option for a best friend? The little rainwings wings had gone a pale lavender color with red hearts dotted around the edges, she guessed this meant happy or loved. Maybe all she needs is a good friend to help her along the way? Moonwatcher bit her lip when she saw what was ahead of her, the playground.

It was a mass of jumbled thoughts and dreams all, mashed into one big ball of confusing. She turned up the music in her headphones louder and pressed on. The rainwing had run-up to a little bench and sat on one end of it and waited patiently for Moon to come over. It was super busy on the playground and there were at least a thousand different students here. Maybe I should have found a smaller school than this, she thought as she remembered the small school she had also seen on that website, www.schoolsinyourneighbourhood.com. It was a small high school of only two hundred students fifty in each year. But she pressed her eyes shut and pulled through. She had barely had a chance to sit down when the bell rang.

Hey again! I really liked writing this chapter for some reason, (probably because of hyper kinkajou), and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it. I'm going to try and keep these ending bits short and sweet so you can read it without too much frustration. Comment your thoughts and feelings, or whatever.

See you at the next one!