Chapter 15 (POV Moonwatcher)

I started at my computer screen in disbelief. Someone had filmed me and Winter dancing and put it on YouTube, and it already had over a million views! My phone beeped. I picked it up and scrolled through my emails and found the new one. It read:

Dear Moonwatcher,

We are in the making of an all new reality dance competition called DANCE DRAGONS, and we would love to have you on it. You obviously possess great musical talent and we think that having you and Winter on the show would really bring something special to the wide array of diverse talents the other competitors have. We have sent this same email to Winter as well. If you consent to this, you will go up against nine other competitors in a dance battle that one of our surprise judges will choreograph. Then in the next challenge you will dance to a specific song that you will make up. The public shall determine your fate and vote online for the dancer/s they think should go through to the next round.

We wish you luck
Kind regards, Quartz Desert

There is a link below that means that I'm entered into the race. I should probably discuss this with Winter first though, this could mean that me and Winter could become closer, after our rocky start yesterday. I think about him for a while then I realise I need to go to school. Crap! I'm super late, right now I should be on my way to school! I look at myself in the mirror, a sixteen year old virgin, that's me! Wearing a dressing gown a sweater and some joggers. My hair is a mess and I haven't brushed my teeth in what seems like months, even though it was only yesterday. That's really gross. I chuck on a grey cardigan and some leggings. I can't be bothered to put on a t shirt. This sweater looks ok anyway, i tell myself. I tie up my cardie with an elastic and now it kind of looks like one of those cute tied shirts that cost like fifty dollars, but for about two dollars instead, because I got this cardigan from a thrift store because I'm poor. I rush to the living room filled with moving boxes and grab the lunch money mom left for me on the dining table. I grab my phone and my bag, stuff my worksheets in then I leave the house.

At school my mind picks up the strangest thoughts. Someone is going to get their driving test tomorrow, another is planning a prank on their enemy (this is Tsunami), someone is going to tell a friend they love them. Everyone had something exciting to think about. And today so did I. I'm going to be on tv! I walk fast up towards my home room and burst through the door, well not really, I quietly slip inside without anyone noticing me and sit down in the closest seat possible. Everyone is quiet, apart from Qibli who is chatting to Kinkajou about the party last night. Winter is three seats away from me scrolling through some messages, I whisper, "Winter, can we talk in bio about the dance email thing?"

He doesn't notice so I try to swing forward on my chair and try to tap him on the shoulder, well I try to.
CRASH!!!
My chair slips from underneath me and I fall straight to the floor, everyone in the room started at me. I feel a hot, red blush rise to my cheeks. I stand up and brush the dust off my leggings, then I awkwardly bow my head and right my chair to sit down on it. Well that must have gotten Winters attention, and everyone else's... I place my head in my hands and sigh extremely loudly. Why must I always embarrass myself at every possible moment? Did I do something wrong? Am I cursed?

With. My head down low I get out my Hunger Games book and take out my book mark and read. This is the eighth time I've read it. It's probably my favourite book in the world, even though the sequels are awful. I watch the film whenever I'm feeling sad. But just as I turn the page I feel someone staring at me, like lasers burning through my neck. I give the room a quick glance and realise that Qibli was trying to get my attention. A brand new red covers my cheeks. Great.

He chucks a ball of green paper at my desk. It lands just upon my book. I un wrap it and read what it says.

Your video has gone viral!

I write back...

Yeah I know, it's got like a million views. This person from a tv show producer wants me and Winter to go on it. It's like a dance show for teenagers.

Are you going to go on it? It's an amazing opportunity.

I want to but I'm not sure if Winter would.

He would be selfish not to, I think you should.

I will think about it.

Just as I toss the ball of paper back to him the bell rings out loudly. I cover my ears and wince, I can still hear the ringing in my head. Winter taps me on the shoulder and hands me my bag.

"This had landed over there, when you fell." He points over at the radiator near his seat.

And yes, for the third time today ALREADY, I blush. Nice going.

"Oh! Well thanks, I would have probably left it there if you hadn't found it, heh heh. I'm so clumsy", I ramble.

He raises his eyebrows at me and looks ahead. "Well, good. Anyway did you get the email? From Topaz?"

"Oh yes! That's why I fell off my chair in the first place. Trying to get your attention about this, can we talk about it in bio? It's a girl boy seating plan right?"

Looking surprised and a bit puzzled Winter accepts, "Yeah, sure. Sounds good to me."

We walk in and take our seats. We pick seats in the back row and take out our biology books.

A few moments later a young man with midnight black hair, walks in and introduces himself.

"Hello there class, my name is Professor Nightfall. But you can just call me Darksalker."

Oooo, cliff hanger! Anyway, I'm sorry I haven't updated this in like a month, super busy with schoolwork and stuff. I got the tests that go to my high school and I passed all of them so I'm definitely getting a place there!
I also dyed my hair golden ombré and that looks beautiful. Anyways wish me luck with school and I will try to update this as much as I can!

Bai!