High Charity

Hope you like this book. I started off at second to last halo 2 mission, but Chief still has Cortana. I took inspiration from AwoL_WarKiller and his DOOM stories.

Index:
Bolded text is either sounds, screen text, or words that have emphasis, and maybe some etc.
Bolded and Italicized are Points of view
Words in single 'quotes' are thoughts
And I tried my best to mimic certain sounds and used videos as references on event.

John 117's POV:

As the door opened I see an Elite with two energy swords, cutting flood combat forms, after the infected went limp he then turned towards me.

Elite: Demon.

He charged at me ready to stab me, but I side stepped his attack and aimed my M90 shotgun at his upper chest. Before he could react, I pulled the trigger, point blank range tore through his energy shields and flesh.

*BANG*

The elite fell down, his purple blood spilled on the floor, he went limp after he screamed, followed by him choking on his blood.

John: Cortana, how much farther is Truth's ship?

I asked her, she started speaking.

Cortana: It should be just up ahead, be careful there's a lot of activity behind that door.

I nodded and once the door opens, I need to run to the prophet's ship and hitch a ride before it leaves.

*BOOOP-VMM*

I made a mad dash to the glowing green beam, running past flood and covenant, I heard brute start to yell out.

Brute: The Demon is heading for the prophet's ship, stop him!

The jackals and grunts started firing at me, but to no avail. I jumped into the beam and it sent me towards the ship that's shaped like a upside down Olympian torch (Ironic and symbolic, right?). They tried to stop the beam, but the momentum from the lift made me land at the entrance.

Cortana: Looks like we made, just in time to.

John: Not yet.

As I said that the ship took off, the door closed I could see was darkness. But then I heard a screech. I thought the flood were on the ship, but then a red light glowed below me.

Cortana: Something tells me we're not gonna like this.

John: Whatever is waiting for us, we'll take them on.

I looked down to see a pentagram below us, then I was teleported to what looked like a ONI facility...

...but everyone is dead and instead of the Office of Naval Intelligence and the triangle with the circles, the symbol was polygons, somewhat resembling a triangle (but a trapezoid at most), with a circle at the middle.

John: Where are we?

I asked her looking around seeing pentagrams, blood, and bodies...and limbs.

Cortana: According to the map of planets the UNSC colonized on, we're on Mars.

I look around at the corpses. Most of them are torn apart.

John: Cortana, is their a possibility that the flood made it to earth's solar system?

Cortana: The flood can't be here already, there's no way, though it would explain the brutality of the bodies, but If the flood were here, their would be no bodies, and biomass almost everywhere, something else did this, something else more terrifying.