True Or False?

TiTi's Perspective

   When I got home it was about 9:30 p.m. I took the longest way home possible. I didn't really know what to think at this point. I checked my phone and noticed a million more missed calls from Simone. Never even heard the phone ring. I must've been in deep thought or something. I wasn't really mad at Simone though. I was mad at the fact that she lied to me. My trust issues are already all types of messed up.

   As I walked into my house I figured I just needed to clear my head and think this all out. I decided to hop in the shower and put my music on.

   *I gotta get her go, get her go, get her go, get her back*

   "Really? Of all songs to go on Robin Thicke has to come on? Why do I even have him on my phone? Next."

   *No flex zone, no flex zone, they know better, they know better*

   "Yassss. Let's get it. Turn upppp!"

   Well it was better than listening to something as depressing as Robin Thicke. For what reason would I need to make myself depressed? No reason at all. Exactly. I'm not the type to mope around feeling sorry. I wasn't going to go to my room and cry my eyes out. I won't hold a grudge. It's whatever.

   After I got out the shower I decided to go to kitchen in search of a nice snack to eat. Leftover dinner? Ew, no. I hate leftovers. Yogurt? Really? Where's the good food at? Just then my phone rang. It was none other than Simone Henry herself.

   "Hello?" I said carelessly still looking in the fridge.

   "I didn't expect to hear back from you."

   "Well you got me now. What do you want?"

   "You sound like you don't want to talk to me."

   "I picked up the phone so you'd stop bothering me. Again, what do you want?"

   "I just wanted to apologize about earlier."

   "I can tell from your endless phonecalls and texts."

   "You didn't even give me a chance to explain. You had me all wrong."

   "Mhmm. That's cool." I say uninterested.

   "Can we talk in person?"

   "Sure. I'd love to hear how you explain this lovely situation."

   My sarcasm is always on point.

   "Text me your address." She says joyfully. Clearly she didn't understand the sarcasm in my words.

   I hung up the phone and threw it on the table procrastinating with sending her my address. Eventually I grabbed the phone and sent her the text. I quickly ran into my room lotioned my skin then threw on a pair of sweats and a tank top. I walked back downstairs and put a cup noodle in the microwave. It's faster than waiting on the kettle to boil up. At about 10:45 I hear:

   *Knock knock knock*

   She did realise I have a doorbell right? Maybe there was a bunch of blonde under those brown curls.

   "Hey." says Simone as she greets me.

   I don't say anything but let her in anyways. I walked backed to the kitchen and realised I had forgotten to set the microwave timer. I was starving. I hadn't eaten all day.

   I make my way towards the living room. I hadn't realised that she followed me until I sat in the couch. She took the seat across from me. I turned the tv on to vh1. Love and Hip Hop was on. I saw this episode already but I didn't change the channel. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Simone staring at me. She looked as if she was trying to figure me out or something.

   "Are you just going to stare at me the whole time?" I asked jokingly as I walked into the kitchen. I stopped the timer at 1 second just because I always did it that way.

   I could tell she was nervous. Hmm. Wonder why.

   "Relax why don't you. You look like you seen a ghost or something."

   She then became less tense but not completely. She took off her Jordan's and neatly put them in the corner. I knew she wanted to say something. I politely turned off the tv so she could see I was all ears.

   "Thank you." she breathed.

   "Why didn't you say something before and why are you so nervous?"

   "I was kinda working out what I wanted to say in my head first."

   "Uhh...yeah. Whatever. Go ahead, speak." I replied.

   "What I said at my house was a total misunderstanding. It didn't come out like how I wanted it to. I only told you I was a lesbian because I had found you attractive and I was just scared of what I was feeling for you."

   I honestly thought all of that sounded like a load of crap. I didn't stop her because I wanted to hear what else she had to say. I couldn't help but wonder how much of what she was saying was actually true.

   "You can leave now."  I said.

   "What?  You're seriously kicking me out? "

   "Yeah. Get out."

   She picked up her things and left but I knew she'd come back.