Simone

When we got off the bus I attempted to spot my mystery girl but I couldn't find her.

   "I hope she's in at least one of my classes." I whispered to myself.

   As I made my way to first period English I saw a bundle of curly hair slip into the room. My heart started pounding in my throat.

   "Is that her? Oh dear God please let that be my beautiful princess." I said hopefully.

   I quickly made my way to the classroom and scanned the room swiftly. At first I didn't notice her. She was sitting in the seat closest to the window. I had taken the seat just diagonal of her so I could get a better look at her. She looked of Hispanic decent.

   "No wonder she had a body like a goddess."

   The bell rang and broke into my thoughts catching me off guard. The teacher walked into the room and introduced himself as Mr. Johnson. A couple kids in the class, including me, laughed a bit. The new girl seemed unamused.

   "Damn. I hope she's not as stuck up as she looks." I thought.

   "Class. We have a new student joining us today. Her name is Simone Henry. Simone, if you could please stand up?" Mr. Johnson bellowed.

   Simone stood up and a couple of the guys started drooling over her. She waved halfheartedly and sat back down. I think she had seen me starting at her because she looked back at me and smiled. My heart started racing faster than before. That smile. Just that one smile started making me feel funny. Was I catching feelings for her? I wasn't much to catch feelings for anyone. She was different. She was that mysterious type. The one who had a couple secrets. I wanted to find out every single one.