Chapter 16

Stalker Next Door

Chapter 16

Nathaniel's POV

On the way home, I'm driving by a flower shop and their arrangements catch my eyes. Maybe Skai would like a bouquet. She had a bad start to her day maybe that'll cheer her up.
I park by the door and head in.

The bell rings as I walk through the door. A young woman greets me with a bright smile.

"Welcome how can I help you today"

She says as she walks around the counter.

"Yes, can I have some flowers" I say simply.

"Well what kind honey? Lillies, Roses, orchids..." she trails off.

I really have no idea, her question stumps me. I cant recall seeing her receive flowers. What could be her preference? I rustle my hair and exhale.

"The prettiest...?"

She seems amused by me and chuckles.

"Let's start with this, who are they for a lady friend?"

Lady friend? Now it's my turn to laugh at her. As I do she raises her eyebrows at me. I clear my throat and try my best to hide my smile by putting my index finger to my upper lip.

"Yes" I say with a nod

"And what's the occasion?" she asks

"I just thought I might send her a bouquet" I reply

"No! Your bouquet has to say something; a message. Each bouquet says something. The type of flower,the number of flowers, the colour every little detail matters."

I wanted to say it's not rocket science but I suspect that wouldn't sit well with her. Umm ...what's a good safe bet. Roses!

"Roses, Red, a Dozen?"

That seems to appease her and she starts to pick them out.

"Good choice, If you're looking to express love a dozen red roses will do he trick. You know red roses mean you are fond of her and it's a simple way to ask her to be yours. Are you Proposing?," before I can respond she quickly adds "You don't have to answer that, I'm prying"

She was talking a mile a minute! I couldn't get a word in edgewise and now she's staring at me. I laugh awkwardly.

"No, I'm not, as I said I just wanted to do something nice for her."

She goes to wrap the flowers, I stop her by putting my hand on them.

"Umm, Could you put them in a vase?"

She obliges and picks a plain squared vase. That won't do.

"Do you have any thing... you know, fancier"

"We do, but they are more on the expensive side"

Her statement makes it obvious that she doesn't know who I am.

"Money is no issue" I state and wave her off to get the others.

"We have a range of more high end ones," she calls as she comes around from around the back "I especially like this one, It has diamonds floating in the design and I love how they just glitter. Ooh and the way it catches the sun. Whoever thought of this was genius."

She's quite verbose but when she emerges I understand her excitement. Carefully, she puts it down in front of me. The words catch in my throat as I look at it; It truly is a beauty. It's a gift fit for my Skai as it would only pale in comparison to her beauty, I have to get it to ... to accentuate her.