Chapter 14

Stalker Next Door

Chapter 14

        Nathaniel's POV

As we walked in all eyes were on us, Awkwardly we made our way through the cubicles until we got to her office. 

Before I saw Justin, I felt his glare. Angrily he marched over to us. Ignoring me he addressed Skai.

"What do you think this is? Project Runway. I can assure you it's NOT. It's ten thirty you don't prance in when you feel like."

A small crowd gathered around us a he spoke. I tapped his shoulder to get his attention.

"I personally take responsibility for her lateness and I apologize however you are causing quite a scene so could we take this into your office" I reasoned. He nodded before turning to Skai.

"You may go, I'll have a word with Mr..." He trailed off as though he didn't know who I am.

"Steele" 

He gave a dismissive nod, turned on his heels and led the way to his office. I close the door behind me and twist the lock. I look around the room. Three glass walls slowly I  walked over to each and lowered the blinds. 

"Is this sound proof?" I ask. 

"Yes"

Good.

"Why are you here?" I say as I crack my neck slowly getting more and more pissed.

"I'm helping you" he states simply

Helping me!

"Your're seeming more of a threat than an asset"

"Yea maybe I am. She's a real catch"
I know he's trying to anger me but I can't help it I lunge at him. I glare at him. I'm sure my anger shone in my eyes as I pinned him to the wall.

"Don't ever speak to her like that again and you better stop messing around or your're not going to like it" I force through gritted teeth.

As he remembers the last time he forced my hand, fear flashes in his eyes but he quickly concealed it and tilted his chin out in defiance.

"Now this is how this is going to work. You will sit here and and Avoid Skai. This is how I expect it to be until you decide to go back and stop messing with me. Don't even breathe in her direction. I'll Know." I said the final word and finally let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I waited for his response but he didn't respond.

"Did you hear me " I yell as I shake him.

"Yes, Yes .. I hear you!" he said

Getting louder as I tightened my grip around his neck. I let him go and fix my shirt

"Don't test me Justin, You know what I want you to. I'll surely whoop your ass" I say and walk out of his office and head to Skai's. 

"I'm Leaving now" I say as I lean in the doorway.

She looks up from her desk and smiles. In long strides I go to stand at her desk. Slowly I cross and tuck her hair behind her ear and kiss her forehead.

"Bye" she whispers.

I cup her face in my hands and give her a long kiss that I'm sure had her heart beat unsteady because mine felt the same. Standing upright I say goodbye and leave.

hopping into my car I ponder what happened in the office. I just snapped seeing him shout at her. I tried so hard to keep calm but I could only keep calm for so long.