Marriage

Guys,

Diary is written in italics. Here you go.

*******

Raglak’s marriage was fixed after two weeks. Everything was going well, both were busy in their own lives, still, Ragini found time for in-laws and by the time of their marriage she had great relationships with all the Maheswaris and Raglak’s relation too grew, they became close friends, but she was unaware of his disease. Because Laksh believed that family told her everything and his family hid it for a reason.

Dairy, on Raglak wedding:

I am sorry, sorry, sorry my dear.

Lak: What?? She is telling sorry to diary??

I know I didn’t meet you yesterday, but what to do, it was really a long day! I was tired to hell, that tired that I didn’t talk to you. Poor me.

Now don’t smirk, nothing like that happened, we both were really tired and I slept as soon as I could, so no funny thoughts ok.

Laksh was like, what??

You know, first, they made me wear a heavy lehenga, along with heavy jewellery. God, I was dying in those!

What is the need for all these?? Why can't look normal in my wedding, I look like a display piece of jewellery shop? God, I am not a manikin!!
Now I understood why brides were brought to marriage in dholi. because after wearing this heavy dress and jewellery, it is really hard to even stand. So they need support. Yes, that is exactly why brides are escorted to mandap and don't go by their self. Poor girls. Actually, the boy's dress should be made of metal.

Lak: metal?? Why??

Laksh imagined himself in some sort of a metal dress, and he was stumbling to walk.
He shook his head.

Lak: God this girl, she is making me too crazy like her!!

So that they too suffer. Today I was so jealous of Laksh, he was walking freely and me...

Laksh laughs winningly.

You know, that stupid skirt, I  was not able to walk on it, I  had to hold it by m  hand. There too, I had issues, because my hands were paining because of the numerous number of bangles on them.

Laksh laughs like anything.

Then to increase my troubles, we had too many rituals. You know na, I respect rituals and all, but this, this was really too much. Again poor me.

Finally, our marriage was over, and now, oh how I hate this, bidai! Nooooooooooo, but I promised myself that I won’t cry, because if I did, Ma and Papa will surely breakdown, all the while I was praying to God to give me strength, and somehow I managed. Cracked some silly jokes and somehow escaped that situation.

Laksh understood what I was trying to do, he smiled at me.

Laksh smiled remembering those.

Lak: Ragini, that day I understood that you were in pain, even though you tried to cover it, I could see, but don’t know what append to me afterwards, that I never saw your pain!! I am sorry.

And we reached Maheswari mansion, my new home. That feeling was something, to enter here, that too as dil. Well, everyone here is my buddies, still, there was an unknown fear in me. Ma gently caressed my cheeks and kissed my forehead, assuring me everything will be fine, that she will be by my side. I hugged her immediately; she is such a sweetheart!

Then again rituals! Oh no, how much we have to do! I am tired, but we were forced to. By the end of all these, I was so tired, all I wanted to do was to get out of heavy costume and sleep peacefully.

Laksh too was in the same mood, so as soon as we got into our room, neither of us didn’t even utter a word, got changed and slept quickly.

See that is why I couldn’t talk to you yesterday, such a tiresome day. Even then I had some sort fun in the post-marriage rituals, thanks to my bils and sils!

But one thing is sure, I will never ever marry again!! Huh, such an awful function!

Laksh re-read the sentence again to make sure that he read it correctly.

Lak: What do mean by that? Madam everyone marries only once, and me, I got married to a complete mental!

He laughed at her statement. Then,

FB

From the convo Ragini and Neil had, which Neil showed Laksh.

Neil: But what will you do after his...

She was startled.

Rag: I, I  don’t know, I just know that he is the first and last man in my life, and when he is g...gone I will cherish all our beautiful memories.

Neil: So you are going to live in his memories?

Rag: Of course I am what do you think then, I will marry again? Never ever.

FB ends.

Laksh smiled sadly remembering it.

Lak: Even though you wrote in jokingly in your diary, you took by heart right?

He continued reading.

Because of my marriage I didn’t meet you yesterday, but don’t think that I forgot you, you know I woke earlier than usual just to spent some time with you. Happy? You are always special to me. Love you.

Lak: Ragini for God’s sake, it is your diary, not a person!

Ok now time to leave, you know, this is my first day at my new home and I am so excited. Today I will join back in college too, one week without my devils and demons.

Lak: God this girl, who calls their students devils and demons?? Only you will do it Ragini!

They would have been happy last week, but they have to pay this week, lol, I am going to take extra classes! Hahaha!!

Laksh held his head.

So now pray that this day turns out to be a good one for everyone. Lots to do, see you again.

Laksh smiled at her innocence and proceeded to read further.