2-Auditioning

The guy told us to sit on the white couch that was facing a table. We obeyed and sat on it, looking around the room. On the center of the table was a camera pointed at the couch. And at the back of the table, there were 3 chairs, the one in the middle was taken by the guy who let us enter, the other two were not occupied though.

On the table, there was a camera and a bunch of white papers.

The room was really big, one wall was just a huge mirror, the floor was white tiles and, there were other stuff in the room too, but there were too many to enumerate.

"So, I'm going to record everything you're going to do and say, alright?" He says, as he grabs hold of some of the stacked papers.

"Okay" I reply

"I'm going to be asking you a few questions, and all you have to do is to answer them" he continues, looking at me then at Jill in the eye, before fixing his gaze at the papers in hand.

"Andrea Malinaw?" He read from the paper.

"Call me Andy" I said in an enthusiastic voice

"And you're Angeline Santos?" He asked, as he read her name from the paper.

"Jill" she said with a smile.

"Nationality"

"We're both Full Filipinos" Jill replied

I nodded at her.

"Age"

"Twelve" I said

"Thirteen" Jill said

"Are you sisters, or cousins?"

I looked at Jill with a huge grin on my face.

"We look alike?" I asked the bald guy. "We're not related"

The guy nodded "best friends?"

"Bingo" I replied with a nod.

"Grade?"

"Incoming grade 9"

"Why do you wanna audition?"

I looked at Jill, we were prepared for this question.

"Since we're just 12 and 13 we want to experience different things" Jill started

"We plan on doing what we can do, while we still can" I continued "because it's better to do it now if you can do it now"

"Wow that was deep" I commented at what I said, earning a chuckle from the bald guy and my best friend.

"And if we don't get in the auditions, then we can try again next time" she said

"Plus it's your loss not ours" I joked

"We're just saying that we want to experience new things, but if you won't get us, there's nothing to lose, there's still a 'retry' button that we can press, it's not yet game over for us, meaning we don't have to worry" I said.

"Mhmm" the guy said, nodding slowly. I guess he wasn't expecting a deep answer.

For the past 15 or 20 minutes, he just asked questions like "have you performed on stage?" "Are you related to anyone famous?" "Have you been on tv before?" "What instrument can you play?"

We answered all the questions with ease, but at the end of the interview, bald guy asked us "okay, lastly, can you perform for me right now?"

We nodded our heads slowly.

"We practiced one song" I informed him.

"Alright, I'd like to hear it" he said.