Activity Log 13: The Race

3rd POV

It's 5:54 am. Kiki just woke up with an empty stomach. She went to the boys' room to ask Eli where to eat. She knocked on the door. Manny appeared. "Wha- Oh, good morning, Ki." "Mornin', Manny. How'd you guys sleep?", she asked. "Like a fuckin' baby! I never thought I'd get a sleep this much comfortable." "Is that so? Anyway, is Eli awake?".

"I dunno. He wasn't here when I woke up. Did you ask Korra?". "He was at the Mechanical Bay the whole night working on the vehicle for the race. Here he comes now.", Korra said through the speakers. Eli was then seen walking towards them with a wardrobe malfunction. He was topless, oil was smeared almost all over. A towel was hanging over his right shoulder in the same condition as him. He was cleaning his hands with the shirt he wore before. He also was no longer in his shorts, but in cargo pants. Smudged in oil, of course.

"I see you guys are awake. I'm still finishing up the car I'm working on. You should wake up the others to-", he then stretched after all the hard work he put on the car. It revealed more of his muscular figure. Kiki drooled over the sight she's looking. Manny was just amazed on how fit he is. "-eat. The cafeteria's just up ahead. I recommend you to get the macaroni and cheese with bacon with a tall glass of milk. Fills your stomach pretty well.", he continued.

Kiki snaps out of his spell and wiped the drool off her chin. "Oh, uhh... Thanks.", she answered. "No problem. You should wake up the others. I'm gonna go shower.", Eli added. Kiki's mind was filled with thoughts that she had always dreamed of coming true. As he walk towards the showers, Kiki whispered to Manny, "I'm going in." "What?! Are you crazy? You're gonna get yourself in trouble! If not, all of us! Remember the last time you did this bullshit?", Manny reminded.

"Well, I wouldn't get caught if you didn't put your ringtone full volume! And c'mon! Third time's the charm!" "You mean twelfth time?" "Twelfth time's the charm!" "We're so dead...", Manny added. As Kiki walked towards the entrance of the shower room, Eli was already seen with a towel over his waist. She was found in disbelief. "Oh, hey Kiki. I just finished my turn. You can use the shower now.", he greeted.

"Th-that was fast! I mean, did you even get naked?", she asked. "Wha-? Oh, the shower turned out to be scented and minty. You can also pick the scents. Which means you just need to rinse for a minute or two. I recommend the lavender.", Eli explained. "Oh. I see...", Kiki said in disappointment.

After everyone ate and showered, they meet at the canyons, minus Eli. "Argh! Where the hell is he?! It's been ten minutes!", Nikki yelled in impatience. Jerry decided to calm her down. "Relax, he's not using his Peugeot. So, traveling here must have taken a longer time." "He does have a point.", Manny added.

Then, over the distance, a vehicle with a muscle like exhaust note was heard. Once it was close enough, they can finally analyze the car. "Jerry, can you analyze the car?", Kiki asked. "It's a Nissan Fairlady Z, also known as a 240 Z if it were made by Datsun." "Wait a minute, he told me he was going to use a Mustang. Why change?", Manny asked.

"He told me that he fixed both the Mustang and the Fairlady Z while we were sleeping. He told me that the spare parts in the facility are perfect for any engine upgrades or automotive engineering. Even the tech he used to put together the two cars decreased the time to make.", Jerry explained.

Once Eli stopped beside them, they can finally analyze the car he drove. Because it was an off-road race, the ride height was fairly tall. The tires are off-road ready with JDM rims. The Fairlady Z also had fender flares to reveal her masculinity. He got out if the car and asked Nikki. "So, where's the finish line?" "We're in a canyon, you just need to remember where to turn." She answered.

"Alright, what are they?"

"Left, left, right, left, right, middle, right, under and over, and finally, right. You got that? Or Korra does?"

"Nope, I disabled her in comms. She'll be silent until the race."

"Alright, let's not waste time, everyone else wait at the finish."

As the other three already arrived at the finish, Jerry counted down from the walkie talkies. "Alright, ready? Get set! GO!"

Both pedals hit the floor, all of their wheels started spinning and kicking dirt from behind. Their heads move back to their seats. They finally moved forward. Their engines' roars were heard through the canyon to the finish line. The cars moved a quarter kilometer and made a left turn. Three hundred meters later, they turned left. Nikki became frustrated. She started ramming Eli from the side.

"Goddamn! Is she out of her mind?", he shouted to himself. They turned right and a quick left by drifting. They drift to the right in a tandem. Eli analyzed her move as she controls the drift. After the turn, there were three choices, left, middle, or right. Fortunately, they chose middle. However, it was infested with towering rocks. As they dodged the rocks, the vibration of the sound caused a tower to fall, thus, creating a domino effect.

"Shit!", they both cursed. They accelerated through the rocks before they topple over. The biggest tower fell behind them. They split to avoid it from falling on top of them. It worked. They turned right into a cave, which is where they go under the tunnel inside and over on the next. After they exit the cave. They drift on the final turn to the right. This is where Eli caught up and gained first place. The others could finally see them on the last turn. "I can't lose! Not now!", Nikki shouted.

She accelerates through the turn as she drifts, but her left front tire popped. The rim dug into the dirt, causing her to flip in a barrel roll. Eli slowed down, trying to her from flipping, but went over him. The car continued to roll on the front and back doing a cartwheel. Parts started to fly off, the doors already have from the barrel roll, now the bumpers, windshields, and fender flares. It finally stopped. So did Eli.

He exit the car with no hesitation, but with worry. Nikki's car started smoking. He ran to the smoking car before it ignites. He found her still intact, but no movement. He pulled her seatbelt apart and carried her bridal style to his car. Nikki's Charger finally ignited into flames, then exploded. The flame was traveling to Eli. He put Nikki on to the ground and covered him with his body. Becoming her shield.

The other three were shocked from the sight. Did they make it? Are they alive? Without thinking, Kiki ran to the site of the incident. Manny and Jerry followed. After they arrived. They saw Eli with his burned back. Almost all of his top burned away with his fur. Burn marks can be seen on him. He wasn't moving. But his grunting was heard. "Ow.", he said. He picked Nikki up in bridal style again and stand up, turned to the three, revealing Kiki's sister unconscious, but breathing.

Suddenly, a figure from the top of the canyon appeared. It seemed to be a person with a horse. The figure ride towards the site and stopped when Manny, Jerry and Kiki are in their fighting stance. The horse turned out to be a some sort of mech and the rider to be another cat humanoid. "That was some race, but y'all need to take her to the hospital. There's one not too far around here. Follow me.", she said.

"Wait! How can we trust you?", Kiki asked. "If you ask more questions, she could die from possible internal bleeding. Now, let's stop wasting time. You two boys stay on top of his car while she sits comfortably in his passenger seat. You, sit behind me. You, fox, follow me.", she instructed.

Everyone did as she told. Eli accelerated slowly following the stranger. Then, as she sped up, so did Eli. They entered to a Las Vegas like city. But with dirt roads and a bit more western. They finally arrived at the hospital. They stopped in the lobby. The ones on the horse got off and Manny and Jerry got off of Eli's car to take Nikki out carefully and put her onto a hospital bed in the entrance. Doctors and nurses came to aid.

The cowgirl told Kiki to follow her with Nikki while the others wait outside for any news.

TO BE CONTINUED