Activity Log 15: Friends To Foe

3rd POV

"Back the fuck off, Max. He's not gonna fall for your fucking bet.", Sharpwhisker hissed. Eli doesn't even know what's going on but seeing her hissing at the wolf's telling him to not trust him. "Aww, c'mon, Mary. All I want is a run for his money, that's all!"

"No way!", Sharpwhisker grabbed Eli's wrist and stomped towards the exit. "Get in your car. Follow me.", She instructed. Eli at this point is terrified due to the turn of events and mood. "But we haven't got our food yet.", He reminded her in an innocent tone. "I'll pick it up later. Once we get away from him.", Sharpwhisker said under her breath. "C'mon, Mary! It's between me and him! What do you have against a little challe-".

"BECAUSE IT COSTED ME A FUCKING ARM!!" She exclaimed in fury. Sharpwhisker started breathing heavily and leaned against her mechanical horse to balance herself from the nausea and trauma. She touched her temples to ease the pain. It worried Eli.

"Hey, are you okay?", he asked. "She's fine. She's probably going through another one of her episodes. You know, she does this every fucking time I wanna challenge some-".

"SHUT UP!", Eli yelled at the obnoxious biker wolf. He turned back his attention to the cowgirl cat. "Sharpwhisker, do you still want to leave?", he asked nicely. She answered by nodding. "Then let's go. I'll follow you."

The fox and cat got on their vehicles and blasted off, leaving a trail of dirt, and the wolf. He became furious. No one has ever turned down a challenge from him before. He whistled, signaling a dozen other bikers to come out of the bar.

"Looks like we got a couple of geese to chase, boys. Start dem engines.", he instructed his crew to get on their bikes as so did he. After he got on and started his bike, he immediately followed the trail they left. The others followed.
Back at the off-road Nissan Fairlady Z, Korra just keyed up. "Any idea where she's taking us? It looks like she's heading towards the facility." "Maybe it's somewhere we can talk privately. There's no one there, right?", he guessed. After they arrived at the enormous door at the bottom of the cliff of the facility, Korra opened it and closed it after they went inside. Eli parked the car beside his XRC and gets out. Sharpwhisker hopped off her horse and knelt down.

"Sharpwhisker, you alright?", he pampered. He started to hear a faint sound of sobbing coming from the cowgirl. He knelt down beside her to try to comfort her. He put his hand on her back and started going up and down to calm her. It was the least he could do. He started looking at her left arm and saw a brass colored metal on it. It turned out to be her actual arm. So that's what she meant by 'it costed her an arm'. He thought.

She positioned herself and leaned against the wall whilst sitting down. Eli did so, too. "Y'know what?"

"What?"

"You're the first person to ever see me cry in a long time. And it didn't feel embarrassing.", she answered.

"Did I make a good first impression?", he joked. Mary started chuckling from that. It brought a smile to Eli's face. "No, really. Was it good? How much would you rate it? A 7/10? A good 8?". "Now you're just milkin' it.", she said as she continues to laugh. She leaned her head against Eli's shoulder to get comfortable. He blushed. "You must be wonderin' how I got the arm." "Yes. I am.", he confirmed.

"It's a long story." "I like long stories."

"Alright, twelve years ago. T'was my sweet sixteen. My uncle bought me a gun to protect myself in the upcoming years from strangers and criminals. They roamed the streets at night that time. I spent the last couple years practicing and got pretty good at it. Then, I met that stupid wolf, Max. He thinks he's all cool with no school. Spent MOST of his life working on bikes. Still surprised how I befriended him. Then, my uncle found out that I was hangin' out with a biker. 'Said they bring bad to the town. He forbid me to meet him ever again or he'll take my gun away. I had to listen to him."

"Me and Max didn't meet for a couple months. He blamed my uncle. Then one day, he confronted Max and beat the livin' shit outta him. But Max went too far. He pushed him away and made him trip and fall head first against the pavement. Killed him instantly. After I heard the news, I was beyond mad. Furious, even. He killed my only family I had left. I thought I could make him one, too. I found him in some bar and challenged me to a stand-off. 'Thought I'd match him. But little did I know he used a shotgun bullet-using pistol."

"He hit my gun on my left arm, its shrapnel must've pearced through the gun and ignited the bullets in it. Then all of a sudden, I lost my arm. It was just, there. Pieces of it on the ground. I lost a lot of blood. But Barry- the bartender, patched me, hooked me up with a new arm. He helped me get used to it and fixed the gun. Some guy. But I couldn't open my feelin's just like I did to Max. Another couple years, I apprehended some goons from robbin' the bank. Now classified me as a hero. And the rest is history."

"The rest is history, yet you still hold that grudge against him. But I understand why you hate him with your life and talking to him would be the last thing you'd want to do. If anything happens, I'll do my best to help." Eli said sincerely. Mary got up and stretched like the cat she is and sighed. Then, Korra used the speakers to warn them about something.

"Um, if anyone else is getting inside the facility without permission, I'll turn on the security systems." "I swear I won't.", Eli said. "I'm just saying someone's trying to breach the doors you came in." It's the biker gang..., Mary thought

TO BE CONTINUED