Problem #62

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of t...

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth, the most drastic move yet in a governmentwide effort to roll back recognition and protections of transgender people under federal civil rights law.

A series of decisions by the Obama administration loosened the legal concept of gender in federal programs, including in education and health care, recognizing gender largely as an individual's choice and not determined by the sex assigned at birth. The policy prompted fights over bathrooms, dormitories, single-sex programs and other arenas where gender was once seen as a simple concept. Conservatives, especially evangelical Christians, were incensed.

Now the Department of Health and Human Services is spearheading an effort to establish a legal definition of sex under Title IX, the federal civil rights law that bans gender discrimination in education programs that receive government financial assistance, according to a memo obtained by The New York Times.

The department argued in its memo that key government agencies needed to adopt an explicit and uniform definition of gender as determined "on a biological basis that is clear, grounded in science, objective and administrable." The agency's proposed definition would define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with, according to a draft reviewed by The Times. Any dispute about one's sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

"Sex means a person's status as male or female based on immutable biological traits identifiable by or before birth," the department proposed in the memo, which was drafted and has been circulating since last spring. "The sex listed on a person's birth certificate, as originally issued, shall constitute definitive proof of a person's sex unless rebutted by reliable genetic evidence."

The new definition would essentially eradicate federal recognition of the estimated 1.4 million Americans who have opted to recognize themselves — surgically or otherwise — as a gender other than the one they were born into.

"This takes a position that what the medical community understands about their patients — what people understand about themselves — is irrelevant because the government disagrees," said Catherine E. Lhamon, who led the Education Department's Office for Civil Rights in the Obama administration and helped write transgender guidance that is being undone.

The move would be the most significant of a series of maneuvers, large and small, to exclude the population from civil rights protections and roll back the Obama administration's more fluid recognition of gender identity. The Trump administration has sought to bar transgender people from serving in the military and has legally challenged civil rights protections for the group embedded in the nation's health care law.

[this was copied and pasted off of a New York Times article, if you want to read the full thing then I will PM you the link]

So, from what you have read. How do you feel? Americans reading this, that is out President, possibly for another term. Non Americans reading this, do you see how lucky you are right now.

This is supposed to be a light and humorous book, but as this is an actual problem going on, I feel like I should voice my opinion. Feel free to voice yours in the comments.

Ok, what the actual genuine fuck trump.

This is so majorly stupid. Because gender and sex are much more complex than XX and XY. There have been cases in the US where people have been born as both sexes. What do you do now? Assign them to a gender they could grow up not to be. But they can't change their gender because they're not allowed to. Because it's you fault. So don't be surprised if you get a cry of retaliation from "your" people. You fucking monarch.

Also, gender and sex are two different things.
Gender is how you refer to yourself. It's all mental, regardless of sexual organs.
Sex, is how you are biologically born. Male or female. No in between. Gender can change of time, as you develop. It also depends on where you live, how you live, and who you live with. Because under the certain circumstances, there are factors that can increase intake of estrogen or testosterone, which can alter the brain chemistry, which can ultimately change the way you see your gender.

You are labeling people who shouldn't be labeled. The point of America is freedom for everyone, regardless of labels, and the expectations and the stereotypes that fall under them. And you doing this means you are forcing people under labels who don't want to be there. Because they will be expected to join sports and get all muddy, or join the cheer squad and paint their nails every weekend. You can't tell people what to do, or how to act. Though, you are not doing that directly, this will be a cause of the change you are making now.

So while trump will certainly not read this. I want him to know that the LGBTQ community makes up about 10 million of America's popular. I don't want to make assumptions, but you can forget those 10 million votes for your 2020 campaign. Including possible legal immigrants, anyone of color, and a lot of women. So trump, when you lose the 2020 election, don't throw a hissy fit because this was your doing. You did this to yourself.

But don't worry, you'll will the 2020 election!

...with Russia's help of course.

And I'm going to be completely honest, I want to see you in a jumpsuit, the color of you skin, doing the walk of shame, while your administration burns. But the administration won't burn if they're right there with you. Behind bars. You lying, manipulative person.

But I guess the route of all this is just that it's so unfair. It's not fair to you, as someone who could possibly be affected by this.

But when the time comes, vote. You can be the deciding factor. You are dictating your own future, and you are the future of this America.
Don't just vote in the presidential elections, vote for midterms, the senate, the Supreme Court. Because the truth is, those are the real deciding factors. They can pass or veto the presidents propositions.

And just so the record states, trump is not my president, and he never will be. He can go back to hell with his friend Hitler.