6. Battle of Emotions

She fits the description of Cassandra perfectly. ^

If music be the food of love, play on.
~William Shakespeare

Dedicated to Daily_roses
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After unpacking, I call Jordan.

"Hey Cass !" He greets enthusiastically.

"He BBM!! How's it going?"

"Its not the same without you. I have to do your work too. Its taxing. Extra hours, plus the tech team is launching a new sound system this month. So there are sponsors coming in day in and day out. I'm in charge of the finance. Anyways, enough of my problems. How are you?"

I recall my previous encounter with Adonis, shaking off the nasty feeling bottled up in me. I should make Jordan believe that I am off to a good start. Otherwise he will start to fret.

"Its beautiful in here Jordan. The view is alluring. I am so happy here."

Guilt feeling builds up in me due to the last bit of the sentence. I despised lying to my friend. At least the former part was true.
Nobody can deny the winsomeness of this island.

"Oh good. I was worried that you would have had trouble fitting in. I'm glad your having fun." Jordan sounded relieved.

"I'm looking forward to this vacation." I say, ardently meaning every word.

"And I'm so not looking forward to anything here." He sighed. "I have to hang up now. Break is over. Bye and take care. I'll call tomorrow again. Same time."

"Yeah. Bye J. Don't stress too much." I laugh and hang up the call.

I look at the time. Its almost evening. I'm hungry. I wonder if there's anything to eat.

You are just being provided accommodation and nothing else.

His words echo round me. Still, a tiny portion of something won't hurt right?

Wrong. Which I  didn't  realise until the damage was done.

I open the fridge and spot my favorite. Cup noodles. Simple yet delicious. Happily, I borrow a fork and head towards my room wanting to invade in it already. The shuffling of feet behind me makes me stop in my tracks as I slowly turn around. I come face to face with a sour looking Adonis who eyes me and the poor noodles his full lips etched into a frown.
I cannot help but stare at him, he undeniably looks like some Greek Italian God. This time I have no one to cower behind under the scrutiny of his dead like gaze.

"I-i--i just t-took n-nood-dles." I stutter pleadingly at him. Why is he having such a huge effect on me. Sure he is rude, dark and mysterious, but why the hell am I overreacting? I can't even form a sentence properly under his gaze.

"Did you" he emphasises each syllable carefully. "Or did you not listen to what I said before? Is it that difficult to follow instructions? I don't think so Grey." He looks at me with so much hatred and disdain that a small lump forms in my throat and I gulp.

"I just felt hungry. Its late a-and I don't know the place yet so..." There. I said it.

A foreign look swept past his eyes. Pity?

"Very well. This is the last time I excuse you. Geez." He bit his lip in frustration and storms away.

"Okay." I whisper, not loud enough for him to hear.

I silently finish my dinner in my room. From now on, I will never speak to Adonis, nor look at him. I will be true to his word and leave him alone. Whatever thought of having a friendly acquaintance with him had crossed my mind before, is long gone.