8. Whipee! a job!

Dedicated to Effie_J_Stock for her constant votes and comments! Thanks a ton!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It takes me a full twenty minutes to cross the bridge. The hat is of no help as the glowing rays of the sun hit my head as if it was penetrable, but the swish of cool winds at regular intervals helps keep my body cool. I reach the main city to witness the full hustle bustle. Tourists, sellers, tour guides, and residents, all seem to know exactly where they want to go, and what they want to do. Suddenly, I feel incredibly lost amidst them. I wish I had a map with me to help me guide to at least someplace. I sit on the nearby bench inside a park near the beach. I call Jordan not knowing what else to do. However, he doesn't pick up the call and it goes into voicemail.

Beep
"Hey, you've reached Jordan. Leave a message."
Beep

"Hey Jordan. Its Cassy. I just wanted to talk again. I feel so lonely out here. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy here, but it gets lonely. I miss you already. You are probably working and I'm disturbing you so sorry. Yeah OK. Call me when you are free. Okay bye."

I sigh as I look at my phone hopelessly. Where do I go? What do I do? Should I go back to the house?

No.

In the back of my mind I knew that it was because Scarlett Martinez is there right now and I am in no mood to face her and the rude boy. If Adonis weren't rude and cranky, it wouldn't have been to difficult to like him. But knowing me, I would have chickened out anyway. Yes. I am here these few months and I am stuck. Hot tears start to flow from my eyes and I shake uncontrollably. A few passerby's turn to look at me, some with pity and some just surprised. They have all the right to be surprised. Surely, nobody except a helpless girl would cry in a place as beautiful as Mauritius. Thinking about it makes me cry even harder.

I am helpless.

I am broke.

I am alone.

No. I have to strive. I won't destroy my own holiday myself with these irrational thoughts. I have to find a job here. Determined, I get up and start walking towards my left, carefully eying the small shops by the shore.

Lucy's Gift Shop. Well, no as I'm a tourist myself and haven't discovered anything yet.

Little Finger Pawn Shop. Gross.

Bumble bee Kitchen. Bumble bee?! Probably shouldn't.

Fiesta Cooka. The place is too small for work.

Snorkelling Store. Let's keep this option open.

Souvenir Station. Same reason as the gift shop.

Hilda's Night Life. I don't want to be associated with any sort of pubs. Nope. Besides, I don't drink. Barista is not a good option.

I searched and searched like a hungry but tired raccoon for a suitable job. Nothing seemed to suit me when all of a sudden my eyes land on the perfect building.

Miss Lovelady's Home for Children.

Perfect.

I smile at the perfect homey looking building as if welcoming me with open arms. It is a cream and pink building with laces decorating the Victorian style windows and a huge oval wooden door. I cross the street and make my way over to the entrance and rap the door. After a few seconds, a teenage girl about my age opens the door and looks at me questioningly but not before awarding me a huge smile. I smile back in return.