10. First Day

Unedited ⚠

Special mention to whitedandelions001 for the pretty cover :)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Pain is like a sinful melody of hurt emotions. One experiences it even after the damage is done. Even after the stabbing episode is over. Even after guilt is felt.

Pain is felt even after numbness.

I regret the fact that I forgot to pack a whole bundle of Nalfon while packing. It would have helped to ease my constant throbbing temples and the mental pain. I slowly push myself up from the bed and notice that I easily slept through the whole night.

After a hot shower, the weather feels like has dropped down a hundred degrees, I head out to clean the house. Adonis's room is closed so I presumr he is sleeping.

Good. I am in no mood for a confrontation.

Afraid he is going to wake up soon, I start swiping furiously, tuning in to my phone. One of my favorite songs starts to play and I begin to sway to the music dramatically with the broom.

Say you, say me
Say it for always, that's the way it should be

Say you, say me
Say it together, naturally

I had a dream, I had an awesome dream
People in the park, playing games in the dark
And what they played was a Masquerade
And from behind of walls of doubt a voice was crying out....

Say you say me
Say it for always, that's the way it should be
Say you say me
Say it together, naturally.

By then, my hips were in full swing and I lip sync the lyrics audibly, closing the world outside me. I forget all my worries and doubts as I launch myself completely into a ball dance. I realise, music therapy helps me a lot to cope up with my problems. I feel grateful to my mother, for without her, I would not have been introduced to guitar and song composition.

"Grey?"

One word. One word makes me halt abruptly. The chill in the air suddenly feels a thousand times more chilly as I turn around to face him. All the memories from yesterday comes crashing in with just once glance at him. It takes me all my strength to speak up.

"Y-yeah?"

"You are a wonderful dancer."

I blink. What? I definitely did not expect that comment. I try to calm my nerves. Anybody can say you are a good dancer. You don't have to react like THAT.

The problem is, Adonis is not just anybody. He is the boy who taunts me, insults me and hates me. I loathe him too.

Then why are you staring at him creepily with a blush on your cheeks?

Good question.

"You are gonna speak up or what?" He looks concerned.

"Thank you."

I decide I have cleaned enough and i retreat back towards the store house to keep the broom away. Apparently, Adonis has a different idea.

He takes a step forward towards me and scratches his head.

"Look, Cassandra" he pronounces my name as if it was a code name.

"About last night...." Oh no.

"NO!" I cut him off, afraid that the conversation might go in the wrong direction again.

"Cassandra just understand, please, I don't want you to hate me. I know you think I am a horrible person, and frick, yes, yes I am. In these last two days, i have been nothing but awful to you and I am sorry."