* Chapter 6 *

Your mouth slightly parted, brain running a mile a minute at the sudden at the questions asked by the man in front of you.

You've had a crush on Bucky for a while, hell for ages now, but you never expected for him to like you back. Why would he? Sure people could tell you it was because you were  beautiful or smart, but your own insecurities blocked out those compliments like a barrier and the confidence boost diminished within seconds.

Bucky sensed your hesitation, knowing for one you would have a hard time believing if, but the wait was causing him to worry. Was he too soon? At a bad moment? Sure after what had happened this morning his sudden outburst could be the fault of exhaustion - he only hoped you knew it wasn't.

"Bucky..." you muttered, hand falling from its place on your hip to his arm. "Are you...?"

"Serious?" He asked with a slight chuckle, before his face contorted back to a determined face. "Honestly, I've felt this way for a while now.... the idea of me and you... each of us being each other's being one of the best thoughts running through my head constantly".

As cliche as it was, it was like time stopped. The kinda stopped after an embarrassing moment and it feels like the whole world is focused on you, and with Bucky staring at you the way he is.... it felt like your whole world was.

The sound of metal moving caught you attention as you see him clench and unclench his left hand. Without thinking about it you reached down and grasped his wrist, lifting the hand up to your mouth and kissing his knuckles.

Eyes never leaving his you smiled. "If only I have the choice to love you back?"

•••

"So what film are we watching Bruce?"

"I was thinking Harry Potter".

Smiling you grab the popcorn out of his hand and place it on your lap, allowing him to get comfy on the couch next to you.

"Isn't this supposed to be a movie night for you and not me?"

Bruce chuckles slightly and grabs some popcorn out of the bowl before replying. "Yeah, but I'm in a Potter Mood" he plops the popcorn in his mouth.

"Well who am I to argue with that?"

Both of you got comfy on the couch and called for Jarvis to play the 3rd Harry Potter film - Prisoner of Azkaban. It was your favourite out of the books and films, as it was to most people in the compound.

Just as the first scene was about to play, the small putter patter of feet could be heard running towards the lounge.

"(Y/N)!"

The giggling of Tony broke you out of the silent moment and the sudden weight on your shoulder didn't help.

Smiling over at Tony from his now spot on the couch on your left, you smiled at him and reached up to smooth his fluffy hair down. "And where have you been?"

"Playing with Stebe! He lifted me up and let me sit on his shield as he held it up! Can we come and visit Uncle Stebe more often?"

"Sure" you giggle.

Tony smiles and leans over and made grabby hands at Bruce who was sat quietly next to you observing the interaction. Panic flashed across his face as he tried to move away but failed miserably as Tony didn't give up.

"BRUCE! Are you feeling better now?" He questioned, leaving on you so much that you had no option but to hold the bowl over your head so he didn't knock it over.

"Yeah... I'm better..."

"Are you watching a film?"

"Yeah-"

"Can I watch?"

"Sure yo- woah!"

Not even giving the two of you a choice he pulled the covers back quickly, nearly falling off the edge if it wasn't for you reaching for him and pulling him back up. Now it was the three of you, squashed on the couch in the corner, with Harry Potter playing on the TV.

•••

3 hours later

•••

"How long have they been asleep for?"

"3 hours so far Mr Rogers. Shall I aid you in awakening them?"

"No it's fine. Just tell Bucky he can find his girlfriend in the main living room".