07 // you are enough

"these little words, somehow they're changing us"

you are enough, sleeping at last

enough - to the required degree or extent; adequately

Nick

    After Troy threw me out of his room (still utterly confused) I decided to pretend as if it never happened and continued on my way to the parking lot only to remember that Gunner drove us to the restaurant. Great. Pulling out my phone, I scroll through Lucy's texts to see the one I'm looking for: the address for the party tonight. I guess if Troy wants to be a bitch and do homework then I can at least have some fun.

    As I make my way from Troy's dorm to mine, I can't help but dwell on his insane mood shift just in the last ten minutes we were together. I mean, in the entire month I've known him, he's never gone off like that, not once. He seemed perfectly content spending all his time with me and he never made it seem like he wanted to be with anyone else. I guess that was my mistake.

Where the hell are you? Rolling my eyes at Lucy's constant annoyance with me, I send off a quick text that I'll be there in 10 and she doesn't respond.  As I get in the car and start driving to this damn party, it dawns on me that I haven't gone to one party without Troy in the past month since this semester started.

    Why the hell do I keep thinking about him? Deciding to blast whatever random song comes on the radio, I drown out anything thing I could be thinking and the nagging question at the back of my mind. That's the one great thing about loud fucking music: it protects you from the annoying damn thoughts that plague all our minds.

    I have to drive around for at least five minutes before finding a tiny ass parking spot and by that point it's a couple blocks away from the frat. My brooding is cut short by a vibrating in my pocket.

    "Hey, I'm coming," I speak immediately into the phone and I can already see Lucy rolling her eyes.

    "You said you'd be here ten minutes ago," she nags and I can't help but pinch the bridge of my nose and wish I was high as a damn kite right now.

    "I said I'm coming," I don't give her the chance to say anything back before I'm hanging up and by that point I can hear the pulsing music. Why are these so appealing to so many people? The better question would be - why have these ever been appealing to me?

    When I finally make my way to the loud ass music, I find the yard littered with beer cans and drunk ass people hanging all over each other.

    "He's here!" I hear a random voice call from the corner of the living room once I enter the hazy house. I try to see who it was but I'm being handed a red cup before I get chance. I'm about to hand it back to them but they're already gone so I just drop it off on the floor, the carpets already trashed as it is.

    "There he is," Gunner appears in front of me with a huge smile and droopy ass eyes which makes me smile slightly.

    "Sorry for leaving earlier, turned out to be a mistake," I mumble as I reach for a cigarette in my pocket. Gunner just laughs as he wraps an arm around my shoulders as I light up.

    "Don't worry about it, he'll get over it," I scrunch my eyebrows up at him as he said this and I notice his bloodshot eyes staring directly into mine.

    "How did you know-"

    "I can just tell. You two are never apart anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw you alone with Lucy," Gunner grins but it immediately fades once he realizes what he just insinuated. "Wait, that's not what I meant,"