Chapter 48

-6 months later-

Caroline's POV

Me: (vlogging) "Hey guys, long time no vlog! Sorry about that. It's just been so hectic since Joey and I started moving our stuff to our new house."

Originally we had planned to look for an apartment, but we decided on a house instead. The house we decided on was built just two years ago, so it's still fairly new. It has a brick exterior and a nice sized yard. There's a good distance between the house and our neighbors. It's a two story house and has plenty of space.

I was currently in the living room sitting on the couch. I took a look around me at all the boxes that have yet to be unpacked.

Me: "I'll do a house tour once we are settled in, I promise. I'm not sure when that will be though. I mean there's still lots to be done. We have to paint the walls, unpack the millions of boxes, buy new furniture, and decorate. But I'm actually looking forward to it all."

Joey walked in through the front door carrying two more boxes. He placed them down beside the couch.

Joey: "And that's the last of the boxes."

He gave me a high five before joining me on the couch. I moved closer to him as he put his arm around me.

Joey: "So now what?"

Me: "I think I'd be lying if I said I knew. I guess we should probably get some dinner."

Joey: "Probably. Chinese tonight?"

Me: "Yeah, I could go for some Chinese food."

Joey: "I'm going to go call in an order then."

Joey got up from the couch and went to go get his phone.

Me: "And I'm going to end the vlog here and search the boxes until I find plates and cups."

I ended the vlog and joined Joey upstairs in our bedroom. I squeezed between the piles of boxes until I made it to the bed, which Joey was laying on. He had just finished ordering the food when I joined him on the bed.

Joey: "Who knew we had so much shit?"

Me: (laughing) "Not I!"

Joey: "We probably don't even need half the stuff we packed."

Me: "That's a debatable statement."

Joey: "Well I think I would win that debate."

I raised my eyebrows at him.

Me: "Yeah?"

Joey: "Yeah."

He leaned in for a kiss. Our lips were about to touch when I slowly pulled away.

Joey: "Don't be a tease."

Me: "Don't pretend you don't love it."

Joey: "All I wanted was to kiss my beautiful girlfriend. Is that too much to ask?"

He made a pouty face.

Me: "I see what you're doing. And it's not working on me. So don't bother."

Joey: "What are you talking about?"

He was still pouting.

Me: (laughing) "Complimenting me and then making that face. It doesn't work on me. You should know that by now, Graceffa. I mean we have been dating for over a year now."

Our one year anniversary was just a few days ago.

Joey: "Easily the best year of my life."

I felt myself blush a little bit. Joey put his hand under my chin and raised my head up so I was looking at him. He leaned in for a kiss and this time I didn't tease him. The kiss was long and sweet. Every time we kiss I fall in love with him all over again.