An Unusual Meeting (part 1)

Why is it so damn hot?

Shit, I usually don't care about global warming and stuff, but this weather is killing me!

Yoongi wasn't having the best morning in the world, simply because he wasn't a morning person at all and yet here he was – currently walking towards a random coffee shop at 7am in the morning, practically still half-asleep.

The weather was actually pretty normal – neither too chilly nor hot for the end of March, but as always Yoongi overslept (considering that he managed to get up at 6.30am was a damn miracle itself), so he was in a hurry and he grabbed the first clothes that he set his eyes on, which happened to be dark, almost black jeans, a slightly oversized white t-shirt and his favorite leather jacket.

Yeah, it was probably that... the jacket. It was actually pretty thick and Yoongi usually wore it even during the Winter, so why in the world did he decide to wear it when Spring had already knocked on the world's door last week?

He blamed it on the lack of sleep, on the ungodly hours he spent writing reports, on the few skipped meals because running from the university for a lecture to the hospital, where he was currently an intern at, was actually quite the task.

People really have no idea how tough medical students actually have it, if your grades weren't good enough to get a scholarship or you didn't have any luck and got a shitty roommate at your dorm, who always talked or brought someone over... well, you were pretty much screwed.

Luckily for Yoongi, he didn't have to worry about any of that, because yeah – he could be damn lazy and he knew it, but he was actually a rather decent student and he moved out of his dorm after the first year, because his parents told him that they had found a small apartment close to his campus and they would pay the rent.

Yoongi refused at first, because he didn't want to accept money he hadn't earned himself, but an apartment of his own was going to make things much easier, so in the end he gave in, but promised himself that once he became a doctor he would pay back every cent.

His relationship with his family wasn't perfect, but it wasn't all too bad either. His parents had always been more interested in Yoongi's older brother, who had been an upright student and an obedient son ever since a young age, not like his usually quiet brother who preferred staying in the shadows and was actually quite the rebel, because he barely cared about people's opinions and did whatever he deemed right. Although Yoongi did fight with both his father and mother sometimes, they were good people. They were definitely proud of the path which their son had chosen and bragged here and there after he got accepted in one of Korea's most aspiring universities.

At first glance, Yoongi didn't look like someone who would actually go to a hospital to treat people, quite the opposite. He actually gave off the vibe of someone who sent people to a hospital for treatment. He knew he didn't have the best mouth filter and crude words sometimes slipped from his mouth, he had even cursed in front of his patients a few times (Thank god that the professor who was in charge of his training was somehow never in the room to hear that) and maybe he did look a bit grumpy, a bit. His eyes and overall appearance didn't make him look like the friendliest person on Earth and he totally wasn't, but there was no need for people to spit nonsense behind his back either.