Eighteen

I've had so many positive comments. I am so thankful.

I had someone message me about Abby being mad at Matt. I can have a cruel streak in me and told them they had to wait to find out what happens. And I may have planned some false information. So here's the next part. Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning had started out routine for Matt. He got up and went to work, just like any other day. He as driving around the little town of New Banks when his radio crackled then came to life. "Hey, Harrison," the dispatcher called. "You got a call at the station," she continued. "Sounds pretty important," she added.

"Okay," he said in the speaker. "I'm heading to the station now," he informed as he turned his car around to head back to the station. He pulled up, parked the car, and then, walked to the front desk. "The dispatcher said there was a call for me," he said and the officer at the front desk handed him scrap of paper with a number on it. He walked over to a phone and dialed the number and then waited for a response. "Hello, this is Officer Harrison. I was told to return your call."

"Hold a minute," someone instructed before transferring the call. Matt heard the phone started ringing again.

"Hello, this is Dr. Rumbia," Brandon answered. "How can I help you today?"

"This is Matt. Did you need something?" he asked. "Someone at the station told me to call you," he added. There was a pause.

"It's Abby," Brandon said, his voice laced with worry. "She's gone."

"What do you mean she's gone?" Matt questioned. "Is she okay? What happened?" he continued to ask questions.

"I don't know what happened," Brandon explained. "She was there this morning and then I got ready to take her to school and she was gone. I didn't really think anything of it. I figured she walked to school or got on the bus. But when I got to work I had a messaged from her school," he explained. "She never showed up. I was hoping you know where she is."

"No," Matt confessed. "I haven't talked to her since yesterday after school but I have an idea. I'll call you if I find out anything. My advice is, don't try to find her," he conveyed. "She'll get more upset. I'm sure she's fine," he reassured Brandon before hanging. He walked to the captain's office. "Sir, a friend of mine just called me to report his sister missing. Can I work on finding her?" he requested. "I think I know where she is."

"Yes," the captain replied while shuffling some papers around. "You have one hour. After that you are back on the streets."

"Thank you, Sir," he replied before walking down the hall to the locker room. He opened his locker and pulled his phone out of his bag. He scrolled though it as he walked back to his patrol car. He sat in the driver's seat and dialed Abby's cell. "Abby? How are you doing?"

"I'm good," Abby answered. "But what do you want? You never call in the middle of the day. What's up?"

"I just want to apologize for yesterday and see if you wanted to hang out when I got off work," Matt suggest.

"I don't know, Matt," Abby stuttered. "I need a ride to somewhere. Would you give me a ride?" she asked. Matt thought a moment. "I'll just get a ride from someone else if you won't do it."

"No, I'll give you a ride," Matt added quickly. "So, I get off at 3:00. I'll pick you up at school. See you then."

"No," Abby said quickly. "I'll meet you at the police station so I can get my run in for cross country practice."

"Okay," Matt confirmed. "What time will you be here?"

"I can be there at 3:00," Abby informed. "Don't ask how, I just can. I'll see then," she hung up and Matt just sat there for a few moments. Abby need his friendship that was for sure.