Twenty-seven

Sorry that updates have been slow. Life has just been REALLY stressful. I have a lot of personal stuff going on. Plus I have a really tough decision to make. And I don't know what to do :( But hopefully you enjoy the update.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Abby is normally not like this," Matt explained. "She's mad because she broke her leg. I made her go to the hospital and get it checked out," he added. "Then when she saw you were an orthodontist, she flipped. Her brother is a dentist and he said she needs braces. I'm tiring to not undermined his authority, so I keep telling her that she needs to let Brandon put her braces on. So," he stopped and thought for a moment. "She thinks that I brought her to the clinic, so you can put braces on her. She just doesn't trust people very much," Matt said as he shook his head slightly. "I'm going to check on Abby," he said as he headed towards the door. He turned and walked down the hall and into the parking lot. "Abby, do you need help?"

"I can't reach my phone. Can you get it?" Abby asked. Matt walked over to the truck and reached in to grab her phone. He handed it to Abby. "Thank you, Matt," she said and started to head back into the office. "You're the best. I would be stuck in a stupid dentist office all day, if you weren't here."

"You're welcome," Matt said with a chuckle. They walked into the office again.

"Cody, it was good to see you," Matt said. "I've got to take Abby to Brandon's clinic now. Give me a call some time," he said.

"Yeah," Cody said as he stood up from his desk. "It was good to see you again," he said to Matt. "It was nice to meet you, Abby," he added. "If you decide to get braces let me know. I would be more than happy to help you out there."

"No!" Abby yelled before leaving the office and headed down the hallway.

"Thanks for that," Matt said sarcastically. He hurried down the hall to catch up with Abby. "Hey, you ready to go to Brandon's clinic?"

"I just want to go home," Abby mumbled. "I want to forget about the whole day. Brandon's never going to let me live it down."

"You're going to Brandon's office," Matt said as they walked towards the truck. "I'm not going to take you home before Brandon knows about your leg. You can call him if you want," he added as he handed his phone to her. "If you call and tell him, I'll drop you off at your house."

"That's the point. I don't want Brandon to know," Abby forced out through gritted teeth. "He's going to overreact. Plus, he will have braces ready to be put on. No deal," she said as she started walking across the parking lot.

"Abby," Matt called. "Where are you going?" he asked as he started to follow her. She quickly tried to walk faster but Matt was easily able to keep up with her. "You can't walk every far and you can't walk very fast. I'm sorry but you're not a threat anymore," he said stepping in front of her. "Face it, there is nothing you can do. If Brandon wants to put braces on you then he'll put braces on you. I can hold your hand, or I can be your friend but there's nothing I can do to prevent or postpone him. "You're growing up," he said as he placed on her shoulder. "Sometimes part of growing up is doing things you don't want to. A month ago, I was not going or even thinking about going to the dentist. I have an appointment in two days. I'm not happy about it. I'm a little nervous but I'm not complaining about it because in the end I know it's something that I have to do."

"I know that sometimes everyone has to do something they don't want to," Abby sighed. "I'm just not ready for braces," she looked down at her feet before continuing. "Honestly, I'm just trying to milk this as long as Brandon will let me. I don't want braces. I only have to keep it up for a few more day," she said with a smile. "Brandon is going to a dental conference for a week. I think he is finally going to let me stay home this time. It's going to be so great."

"Braces really aren't that bad but if you aren't ready then just tell Brandon that," Matt explained. "Get in my truck I want to take you somewhere," he said after a few moments of silence. "When I was a teenager, I got braces. I have to go in to a special dentist in two days to get the bracket removed. He is wanting to meet with me today to just talk. I was going to drop you off at Brandon's office first but now I think that maybe you should go with me."

"I don't know," Abby mumbled. "I'm kind of tired and Brandon's going to want me home soon. I just don't think it's a good idea," she added nervously.

"I think you need to go with me because I'm scared of going by myself," Matt responded with a chuckle.

"No, you aren't," Abby shot him a look.

"Okay maybe I'm not scared; I still want you to go with me," Matt pleaded with her. "I just want you to talk with me. I want you to meet him," he added. "He actually seems like a really nice guy."

"I'll go with you, butI won't enjoy it," Abby finally agreed. Together, they walked back towards thetruck. "I just need a little help. You have a big truck and I have a smallproblem," she giggled. They laughed together, and then Matt put her in theseat.