The Forgotten (17)

Flashback - A Year Ago 

I watched as my sister grinded on her long time crush Luke and smiled. She had dragged me to this party because he had invited her here and she didn’t want to go alone. Even though I was friends with most people at this party, I didn’t really like going to parties because it just had horny people dry humping each other on the dance floor.

I really wanted to go home. Our exams had finished and I would feel better sleeping or watching a movie than being at this party. I wish I could leave but if I came back without Jess, our mum would get annoying and then Jess would probably get grounded which isn’t a good like in our extended holiday.

I raised the can of fanta to my lips and took a sip, closing my eyes to savour the taste. When I opened them, a boy stood in front of me smiling. “Is that good?” He asked. “Well of course it is; its fanta fruit twist.” I replied smiling back. “You’re Vanessa right?” He asked and I nodded. “I’m sorry but I can’t act like I know you’re name.” I replied. “It’s Stefan.” He told me. “It’s nice to meet you Stefan.” I replied grinning.

“Would you like to dance?” He asked me nodding towards to the dance floor. “I don’t really dance.” I admitted. “Neither do I but it’s a party and dancing has to be better than sitting here bored as hell.” He countered and I had to admit he was right. I got up and led the way to the dance floor and smiled inwardly as I felt his presence following close behind me.

They were playing afrobeats and I immediately started to do my azonto. Stefan looked a bit amused. “I thought you said you couldn’t dance?” He enquired. “I said I don’t dance. That doesn’t mean that I can’t dance.” I replied grinning. He started to laugh before dancing completely out of time to the music. I laughed until my sides began to ache.

After a while, we went outside to get some fresh air. We sat in silence and in that time, I took my time to really look at him. I’d see him round school but I hadn’t really talked to him. He had short dark brown hair with green eyes that seem to see right through me when he gazed at me. He was tall and I could see a six pack through his tight top.

“Have you finished eye-raping me then?” He asked smirking casting a sideways glance at me. “Not yet baby. Give me a minute.” I teased and he laughed. I grinned at him before shivering slightly. The air had cooled as it was night time now. “Do you want to go back inside?” He asked me but I shook my head. “I’m really just being here with you.” I told him softly.

He crouched in front of me and kissed me softly. “I’ve been waiting all year to do that.” He told me. “Well I’ve been waiting a few minutes to do that but it was as amazing as I thought it would be.” I replied grinning before pulling him close to me and kissing him passionately. He lifted me up slightly and I wrapped my arms around his neck whilst wrapping my legs around his waist.

“Vanessa I’m so ashamed of you. At least get a room before you have sex.” A voice teased from behind us. I flipped my sister off and I heard her chuckle. I broke off the kiss reluctantly and got down. “We have to go now sis. You’ll see him another time.” Jess told me. I kissed him again and hugged him tightly before stepping out of his arms. “Talk to you later honey.” I told Stefan winking before walking down to the bus stop with my sister.

We saw each other every day and went on many dates. Sometimes we went to the cinema and other times we went swimming. I was having the time of my life. I couldn’t believe that I had found such a great guy. He was constantly texting me and calling me and if I didn’t reply without a certain time, he would be over at my house to find out what had happened.