Chapter 8: The Way I Feel

***
Yang's POV
***

"Blake and I have been together for almost 8 months now. She is everything and anything I could ask for. I plan on proposing to her really soon to seal the deal." Basically sensing I was thinking about her, Blake rolled over into my chest and purred a little before falling back to sleep. I smiled and pet her ear a little.

"We've got a surrogate mother who is due any time now. We chose her about 2 months ago, since we decided we really couldn't wait. Her name is Maelynn and she was also a cat faunus who had a lot of Blake's traits, which is one reason we picked her. Blake is going through one of those moods. She's starting to baby proof and get really defensive. She is hitting anyone, including me sometimes, who touches the baby's stuff." I thought with a chuckle. "We're having a little girl, Shaylynn Dawn. Shaylynn because Shaylee for when she is young, Shay for when she's a teen, and Shaylynn for when she is older to sound more official."

"We also got a new house" I thought looking around the almost newly finished room. "Weiss and Ruby have done a good job helping us. They gave us the idea to move off of Beacon property to have our baby. They're both staying here too, I think Ruby said 'Team house' or something along the lines of that." I thought as I finally drifted off to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up, Blake was sitting on the floor smile crying and looking at me.

"Blake wha-"

"The baby is coming. She called 32 minutes ago. I've been keeping track. We need to go Yang." I smiled and started to cry. I grabbed the keys to Blake's car and we sprinted until we got there. I jumped in and started the car. Buckling in, I sped off from the house and drove to the hospital which was 20 minutes away. When we got there, we went to the forth floor and asked a nurse for help. We explained everything and she led us to Maelynn, the surrogate mother.

She was 16 and her mom wouldn't let her keep it. When we'd first met, she told us she didn't mean to get pregnant but it happened. She was having unsafe sex and she didn't want her first child to have a bad life. She got help and got someone to reach out to us.

Blake and I walked into the room and saw Maelynn, holding onto the bed railing for dear life.

________________________________________________________________________________

oof.

~Kraft