Luna

It didn't seem real. It felt like a special effect of some sort. Well, not felt. But...looked.

It hurt. It hurt like a bitch. There was a lot of blood.

I pushed Spencer out of the way. Of course I did. Why wouldn't I? I'd do it all over again if it meant that he'd be safe.

My heart dropped into the pit of my stomach when I saw Maura pull that gun and aim it at Spencer. It was almost like I relived every single moment that we had together in two seconds. I was terrified. I couldn't lose him. What would I be without him? What would the BAU be without him?

What would the world be without him?

So, I did it. I didn't think twice about it. I knew I had to when she started counting down. And when she hit three, I pushed him.

It's blurry, but I can remember him looking at me and trying to help me keep my eyes open and stay awake. He was crying...I hate seeing him cry.

When I woke up in the hospital, he was right by my side.

And when I woke up this morning, he was right by my side. The birthday boy!

We're driving to his work together so that I can drop off the painting. On Sunday, a very generous donation from a 'D.R.' was left with the front desk at the gallery.

Spencer is going on about the gift I gave him this morning. The copy of A Study In Scarlet.

"How much did it cost?" He asks, looking over at me from the passenger's side. "An early edition like that isn't cheap,"

"It doesn't matter," I shrug and flash him a quick smile before bringing my attention back to the road.

"Over a hundred?"

A laugh escapes me and I shake my head. "I'm not gonna tell you the price, you goof!"

"Well...thank you again. I love it, Luna."

We pull into the parking lot and the two of us get out, me grabbing the painting before we head to the door.

"Hey, in your card you said you'd never be able to be a profiler? Why do you think that?" Spencer asks as we walk.

I give a shrug. "You guys are all, like, insanely smart."

"I'm insanely smart,"

"Don't get cocky," I bump him with my hip.

"What I'm saying is that, yes, the team is smart. But you're just as smart, Lu. You could do it, I believe that."

"Really?" I stop in my tracks to look at him.

The boy turns to face me and gives me a smile. "Yes, really. And if it were something you really wanted to pursue, I'd help you."

"Even so, doesn't it take ten years or whatever to even get into the BAU? Unless you're a special circumstance?"

He laughs and we continue on walking. "Yes, but being friends with the entire BAU would probably make you a 'special circumstance'. Of course, you'd still have to do schooling and go through the academy. You'd have to pass all of the qualifications, but I don't think that'd be a problem for you."

I shake my head. "I think I'll just stick to what I do best. Plus, I don't think you'd be able to focus with me on the field with you."

"You're right, I wouldn't."

We head inside and up to the sixth floor where I set the painting aside.

"I'll pick you up later?" I smile up at Spencer, straightening his tie for him.