Chapter 7 - Helping A Friend

I decided to take matters into my own hands and help out Louis. I called Eleanor, since she was flat out ignoring him, and I invited her to come and visit the boys. She seemed very nice. We talked awhile longer and got to know each other a bit. She told me that we’d make great friends and we decided we’d do something when she visits. I didn’t tell Louis or the boys about my plan and neither did Eleanor. She was flying out today, and I was going to pick her up from the airport and drive her to the boys’ house. Zayn called me and asked me if I wanted to hang out with them today but I made an excuse saying that I was busy and I could possibly make it later. He bought it and hung up.

I grabbed my keys and set out on my journey to get Eleanor from the airport. Once I got there, the flight had just landed. She saw a few pictures of me in magazines with the boys, so she has a bit of an idea of what I looked like. I was about 5’6”, a little shorter than Niall, with blue eyes. People always told me they’d kill for my color eyes. I had the same color hair as her and it was about the same length as well. I waited patiently as I looked around for her. I saw her getting her luggage and ran over to her. “Hey, I’m Hollyn.” I smiled. She turned to face me and gave me a big, unexpected hug.

“Thank you for doing this!” She smiled.

“No problem. I just hate seeing Louis so upset.” I told her. Should I have said that?

“He’s upset?” She asked, seeming hurt. I nodded slowly. “I need to see him.” She said quietly. I smiled as I grabbed her hand, “Let’s go then!”

Once I pulled up into their driveway, we got out of the car. I told Eleanor to stay behind me because the boys didn’t know I was doing this. I opened the front door as I peered in. “It’s Hollyn! I’m here!” I stepped into the empty living room with Eleanor close behind me.

Zayn came into the room and as soon as he noticed Eleanor, a smile bloomed on his face. “El-“

I put my index finger up to my lips. “Shh! Where’s Louis?” I asked quietly, not wanting anyone else to hear us. I looked into the kitchen, not there.

“In his room.” He said, just as quietly. I nodded and motioned for Eleanor to follow me. I walked up to Louis’ door and knocked lightly.

“Yeah?” He asked.

“There’s someone here that wants to see you.”

“Tell them to go away.”

“No, I’m gonna let her in. You better look descent!” I called. Eleanor giggled quietly next to me. I opened the door to Louis’ room and whispered to Eleanor, telling her to walk in.

“No, Hollyn, don’t!” He threw the covers over himself before he saw Eleanor. I groaned and ran over to the bed, jumping on top of him, as we fought for the blanket. “Gimme!” I demanded, as I tried pulling it off of him. Eleanor stood there holding in her laughter.

“You guys fight like brother and sister.” She said in between giggles. Louis stopped suddenly. He probably recognized her voice. He slowly lifted the blanket from over his head and looked at Eleanor. She smiled as she walked over to the bed. I got off of him and left them alone. I closed to the door so they could have some quiet while they settle things.

I walked downstairs to the living room. Harry was sitting on the couch with his laptop. “Hey, Hollyn.” He smiled as I sat next to him. “Hey,” I said quietly.

“What you did, with Eleanor, was really nice. Louis’ been so upset.” He smirked, that oh-so-perfect smile of his caused me to smile back. I know that I have some kind of feeling for him, but I can’t put my finger on it. I know he’s sweet and caring, but I just wasn’t sure. I wasn’t ready to let another boy in my life just to risk losing him, like I did the others. Not now. Not yet.