Stop England

"Stop it, England," Germany said, causing England to quickly shut his mouth.

"But..." he tried, unable to find his words.

Germany sighed in defeat. "I thought for a moment you could have answers, but I was wrong. You can't help me."

"I assure you..."

"And you can't help Italy nor Austria either." Germany finished. "I'm going home. And I'll call a doctor. Japan, let's go."

"Y-Yes." Japan agreed quietly.

The two nations left the meeting room with a defeated England on his knees, still begging for people to listen to him. One by one, the other nations left him alone. "Wait! I'm not crazy! I'm serious! Why won't you all listen?!" he cried.

England turned to France, tears in his emerald green eyes, "France...you...you believe me, don't you?"

"I..." France started but sighed. "No. I think you should go easy on tea too."

"But! Hey! I'm worried about Canada too! Don't leave! Listen to me!" England cried again, sinking to his knees for the second time. "Listen to me, damn it."

****

~Germany's POV~

I came back home, called the doctors and waited. They said there was nothing abnormal and I was so very worried...

I waited for him to wake up. The doctors tried to make him wake up. But it didn't work.

After a few days, Italy passed away in his sleep. We waited for him to regenerate, but after so long, to all of our shock, his body began to rot like a normal corpse after only a week or so. We had no choice but to bury him, properly holding a funeral as we did so. I couldn't believe this was the last time I'd ever see him. I came home and cried.

A moment later, France suddenly called. He said in a broken voice: "Canada is dead."

I couldn't believe my ears. Or rather, I didn't want to believe him. But I could clearly hear England sobbing behind France.

A week again after that, we buried him as well. And for the first time in my life, I saw England and America both crying in France's arms.

We came back to Prussia's house. I was afraid of what we were going to find. But alas I was right. Austria never woke up as well.

It's been a month since the funerals of the three. But this pain is still so sharp. And those three were not the last, several kind, loving nations fell asleep only to never wake up again, sometimes with us not even noticing it was too late. We had hoped that their land could be saved by their siblings, but in time, they too fell under the strange coma spell.

Soon, it even began to affect the countries who grieved heavily for them. England and America moved out to France's place. France says England is drinking again...and that America hasn't laughed much since.

I wish I'd help, but we don't see each other so often anymore. France assured me he'd take care of them, but I know he hasn't stopped mourning too. I saw my brother crying in his bedroom yesterday. He too is grieving. Given the circumstances, it is him who will have to make up for Austria at his job, until a solution is found.

Japan seems to have disappeared. The last time I heard from him, he was staying at China's. I would visit him, but he probably doesn't want to see my face right now.

I still cry a lot myself too. And I know I'll never stop having regrets...

I wonder if I had listened to England, they would all still live....

~The End~