55.

My phone starts to ring and I see 'Dad' flash across the screen.

What am I going to tell him? I'm sure he saw everything on the news.

I look at the phone as it continues to ring. Taking a deep breathe I answer it.

Me: Hey, Dad.

Dad: Are you okay?

Me: I'm fine. Why?

Dad: I just got off the phone with Cole and he told me you were inside when the shoot-out began.

I wish he didn't tell my parents that I was inside the building while everything went down.

Me: I was. Before everything happened Uncle Kevin was stabbed.

Dad: Do you know how my brother is?

Me: No, I was taken out of the visitor's room after it happened. A guard made me believe he was there to help, but he was there to hurt me.

Dad: I know you're not coming home tonight, please be safe and remember call me whenever you want to talk.

Me: I will. Love you, Dad.

Dad: I love you too, Julia.

Dad hangs up the phone.

I walk into the house and see a beautiful blonde walk down the stairs with a baby in her arms.

She looks at me and says. "You must be Julia Harris. My husband Knox told me that you were going to stop by." She looks around the room. "Where's Amalia?"

Shrugging I say. "She left me while I was on the phone to my father."

She smiles. "It must be nice talking to your family."

"It is. When it doesn't have anything to do with you getting shot at and held hostage while visiting a Correctional Facility."

She continues to walk down the stairs. "I'm not supposed to know stuff like that. Knox prefers to keep his business away from home."

I laugh as I look around the house. "It's a bit hard to do that when you have mafia members on the house on a regular basis."

"They're not allowed in this part of the house. Knox has a different access for the family and it's not through those doors." She looks at them and then back to me. "I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself to you. I'm Lauren Moretti and this cutie in my arms is Ariel."

She's so cute.

Lauren's phone starts ringing and she says. "Can you hold Ariel while I take this call?"

"Sure," she moves her daughter into my arms and I make sure that my arm is under her head supporting her. I gently rock the baby and her eyes begin to droop. Walking over to the couch I sit and wait for her to get off the phone.