Chapter 10

"Shit,"

"We can always just do it the old fashion way."

A week has passed since being with Zayn, Jack has gotten anxious. "Have you called him?" Jack asked one warm morning.

"Of course I called him, you have been asking me to do so for an hour now." I sigh with annoyance. Jack taps his long thin fingers on the hard wooden table as we sat at in the diner Sammy's. Every time I come here seems as if I always get pissed off by someone. Last time Daniel and Zayn, now Jack.

"What if he didn't get it?" Jack asks ruffling his hair, which was a habit of his when he was nervous.

"If he didn't get my call," I place a small crispy fry in my mouth before replying, "Then he will get my text I just sent." I continue to eat and pick at my food.

Jack hasn't touch his burger which was perfectly placed in front of him getting colder by the second. "Will you eat your food? I'm not paying for someone's food that hasn't even been touched." We both glare at each other. Jack grabs his burger and takes his bite when my phone rings which almost made him choke in excitement.

I casually take my phone to my ear with saying a greeting in the phone, "Hello?"

"Hi! It's Niall!" I scrunch my eyebrows with confusion.

"How did you get my number?" I ask.

"Zayn gave it to Liam who gave it to Harry who gave it to-"

"Ok I get it!" I cut him off laughing. "So, everyone has my number now?"

"Yep!" He replies cheerfully.

I look up seeing Jack on the edge of his seat trying to listen. I shake my head indicating that it wasn't Zayn. His head drops with sorrow, but I ignore his pity party and focused on Niall. "Why did you call?"

"Just wonderin' if you wanted to watch a movie with Liam and I?"

"Yeah, sure! I don't think I have anything going on," I ponder.

"Great! I can pick you up if you need me to," I smile at his kindness, but reject the offer and instead ask for the directions. I wrote down the directions to Liam's current apartment on a napkin and used the pen the waitress gave to use for paying the bill.

* * *

"Check around the apartment, will you?" I got a text from Jack when I reached the apartment Liam lives in. I reply with a quick yes and grabbed my leather wallet and put it in my back pocket of my light blue jeans.

Knocking on the wooden door I examine the neighborhood. Many cars had zoomed by and as I walked into the building I noticed many people in the hallway of the apartment complex leaving in a hurry. The receptionist had told me which room and rang from the desk to tell Liam I was coming up. Although, it is taking awhile for them to come to the door. I patiently wait and knock a few more times. After minutes went by Liam opens the door wide looking as if he ran a marathon.

Looking concerned I asked him what happened, but he didn't reply. Instead he collapsed down on the couch turning on the TV. I look around for Niall but I didn't want to be caught snooping so instead I sat on the white couch with Liam. I was careful around the white couch since I didn't want to ruin it. I question how anyone could live with it more than a day and not make a mess. Which is why I prefer my black couch.

Niall walked in and asked me to help him in the kitchen. I nod and follow him to a reasonably size kitchen although it looks much smaller than it should be, I'm sure, from all the mess.

Dishes and pots were everywhere! You couldn't see the sink and all cupboards were wide open as if there had been a search. Although curious, I don't question it as I follow Niall to a greasy popcorn machine. "It stopped working," He sighed.

"Well, I know a different way we can." I shrug as if it was no big deal. His eye made it obvious he didn't think it was possible. He eagerly watched as I cleaned one pan and placed it on the stove. Usually this is with a bag of popcorn but Niall only had un-contained corn bits. I placed the soon-to-be popcorn into the pan with its glass container on top. I rose the temperature and watched the popcorn pop. Niall was amused by this new technique and watched each kernel bounce in the air.

"Thanks Jane!" He hugs me while still watching the popcorn. I pat his back awkwardly not knowing what to do and had him release me from his hug to continue to watch as the pan now was filled with glistening new popcorn. I left him to sit with Liam and watch the movie Marley and Me.

After what seems like only a few minutes, the movie ended and it was 10 pm. Tired, I was asked if I would like to stay here. Without regret I immediately thanked them and agreed. I slept on the couch while the boys slept in their rooms. Surprisingly, the couch wasn't uncomfortable, I had no problem of falling to a deep sleep.

//

Er I'm trying to update sooner rather than later so please give me some confidence and vote or comment your input.

Thanks x

-Tory