Chapter 1: Tails' Wish

(Tails' POV)

                Sonic was busy saving the world again and Knuckles was guarding the Master Emerald. This was actually a peaceful time for us. However, I felt lonely lately. I wasn't going to intrude on my friends, because my friends were currently busy with other matters. For some reason the Chaos Emeralds were acting funny and Knuckles was keeping a close eye on it. Sonic was keeping Eggman at bay. I glanced at the pot and noticed the lack of sun it was getting.

"Don't worry Cosmos, I'll help you" I said as I picked up the pot and carried it outside.

I placed it outside and then went back inside to find a pale of water. When I came back, I was shocked! The plant was glowing!

"What's going on?!" I shouted in a panic as I picked up the plant.

Plants don't do this! Also, I have no idea what do to with plants! All I know is that you water plants and give them sunlight! I tapped my commlink and called Amy.

"Amy! Please come to my lab! Something is happening!" I shouted loudly.

The plant kept glowing and I sat outside. I took some notes on my commlink about the plant. Amy rushed to my side with a worry look on her face.

"Tails! What's wrong?!" she shouted.

I showed her the plant. She gasped in shock and then examined it.

"What did you do?!" Amy panicked.

"I just gave it water!" I replied in a panic tone.

Amy motioned for me to calm down and then she examined the plant.

"Do you think Silver or someone else might know what to do with it?" Amy suggested.

"Do you know anyone that can talk to plants at all?" I asked her annoyed.

Amy let out a nervous laugh and decided to call Silver of all people. I have nothing against Silver, but I don't think psychic powers will help us.

"You want me to figure out what's wrong with the plant?" Silver asked the two of us confused.

"Yes" I said completely done with this mess I've gotten myself into.

Silver shrugged and held his Chaos Emerald.

"I don't know what this will do, but maybe this can help with this" Silver said as he channeled the energy of the Chaos Emerald and began to examine the plant.

We waited patiently for Silver to finish. Silver opened his eyes.

"The plant needs more energy than this for something" Silver said calmly.

HE ACTUALLY TALKED TO THE PLANT?! HOW?! Amy was just amazed at him.

"Well, the plant wants to Tails to help her though. I've never met her, but she sounds nice, Tails" Silver said with a smile as he floated away.

Wait, a her? I know her? Silver doesn't? What is going on today? Amy picked up the plant and looked at me.

"So, let's get Knuckles away from the Master Emerald and have Shade help us!" Amy suggested.

I flew with her and then we were on Angel Island. Knuckles was worried about the Emeralds while Shade was examining the Master Emerald.

"Hey! Knuckles! We need to borrow the Master Emerald!" Amy shouted eagerly.

"Why?" Knuckles asked annoyed.

"Well, Silver talked to the plant and the plant needs the energy for a moment!" Amy said with a smile.

Knuckles looked confused and Shade was just curious at what we were doing.

"I am too tired to ask otherwise, but sure. Shade, you can do it" Knuckles said as he looked at the remaining four chaos emeralds.

Amy handed the plant to me and I flew to Shade.

"Just place it on the top of the Emerald" Shade said calmly.

I did, and Shade sung the chant. The Master Emerald began to shine, and the plant began to shine! Knuckles and Amy were surprised to see the plant reacting to the Master Emerald! Shade heard the plant's voice in her head and looked at Tails.

"Tails, get on top of the Master Emerald and hold the plant!" Shade ordered.

I didn't say anything and flew to the top of the emerald. I held the plant and I felt a huge amount of power growing inside of me! I didn't know what this power was! The power was too much and then the power exploded from the plant and the Master Emerald! Amy, Knuckles, and Shade were blasted off the Island and I fainted on top of the Master Emerald.

"Is everyone ok?" Amy asked as Knuckles caught her as he landed on the ground next to Shade.

"I mean, I think my back hurts, but I'm fine" Knuckles replied as Amy got up.

"Where's Tails?" Shade asked as she helped Knuckles up.

My friends quickly ran onto the Island and they were shocked to see a familiar face except for Shade. Shade had no idea what was going on. I woke up and I was crying when I saw the person I loved the most back; Cosmos.

"Hey, how have you been?" I asked her as I began to cry.

Cosmos embraced me and replied with a smile "I've been well, how have you been?"