Chapter 22

Lunafreya walked slowly through her home in Tenebrae, as it was still in the process of being cleaned and repaired after the magitek attacked. She switched the phone to the other side of her face.
         "Where are you?" Noctis asked.
         "I'm at home. Ravus told me everything." She answered as she entered her room, and stepped over an unconscious Ravus.
"Where have you been? All this time...I thought you were dead." Noctis said.
           "Comatose, not dead. Which is actually why I've called you. I'd like to see you, Noctis. Would you mind coming to Tenebrae?" She pushed the curtains aside.
"I-...Um..." Noctis sighed. There were so many things running through his mind. "I'll come. Just...give me a few days?"
"All right. I shall see you then. Take care, Noctis."
"You too, Luna." Noctis ended the call.
Lunafreya gazed outside, with a devilish grin, and streaks of black tears staining her face.

Noctis ran his fingers through his hair, and let out a stressful sigh, as he sailed the Royal Vessel across the ocean. Less than twenty-four hours ago, he'd arrived in Lucis, only to leave again. However, Altissia was just a boat ride away, and he wanted to go. Tenebrae was much further away. He started to slow down the boat, confusing everyone else.
        "What's wrong?" Ignis asked, leaning against the side of the interior part of the boat.
         Iris, who was sitting on the floor of the boat's interior, lifted her head from her phone. Noctis glanced at her, before coming to a full stop.
        "Nothing. I just need a minute." Noctis said, massaging his temples.
        "Should we go outside?" Iris asked.
        "You go ahead. I'll talk to him." Ignis offered his hand, and then helped Iris to her feet. She went out and sat beside Gladio, and then Ignis closed the glass sliding doors.
          Noctis sighed again. A few hours ago, he'd confessed his feelings to Iris. An hour ago, he agreed to go see his ex fiancée, whom he believed to be dead for the last eleven years. It was an arranged marriage, but Lunafreya was still someone he cared about. Had it been any of his other friends, he would've rushed to their side.
She's going to kill me-...Wait. He took a second to think about it. If Iris was upset, Gladio would find out. HE'S going to murder me! He could just feel those large hands crushing his bones.
"What's on your mind?" Ignis asked as he stood beside Noctis.
"This could be my only chance to see her and learn what happened. We're protecting Stella; shouldn't we also protect Luna?" Noctis dropped his hands in his lap. "Does this mean there are two oracles?"
          "I understand, and would agree if I didn't call her bluff." Ignis admitted.
           Puzzled, Noctis looked at him. "What are you saying?"
           "Lady Lunafreya most definitely died that day. This Cain person seems to possess the same abilities as Ardyn. Should you go to see her, I advise you to be cautious."

          Noctis ran his fingers through his hair, as he paced back and forth at the top of Cape Caem's lighthouse. Iris soon stepped out of the elevator and joined him. Knowing how bad it was going to sound, Noctis didn't want to tell her about Lunafreya. He had no idea how she would react, but still, he decided to just tell her. It'd be worse if she found out from someone else.
          "Are you okay?" She held his arm, putting a stop to his pacing.
           "...Not really." He frowned.
           "You said you wanted to talk. ...Is it bad?" There was a slight sense of fear in her voice.
           Noctis sighed. "It sounds really bad, and I want to explain, but I don't want you to take it the wrong way."
           She folded her arms insecurely, and asked, "...What is it?"
          He took a deep breath, and then explained his conversation with Lunafreya. Iris' eyebrows shot up high on her face, and she placed her hands over her mouth.
           They stood in silence for a moment. Iris looked out to the ocean, as she tried to process everything he'd just said.
Dropping her hands, she asked, "How does that make you feel? Are you okay?"
"Wait...you're not upset?" He rubbed he back of his neck.
She shrugged. "That you're leaving? Yes. Not that you're going to see someone who you thought was dead for the last decade..." She turned to face him. "I think you should be careful though. What if it's a trap?"
"That's what Ignis thinks." Noctis said.
"...What if it's true?" She asked, leaning against the rail. "Stella tends to dream of the place where Lunafreya's soul lingers. In the last one, her soul was stolen."
"I remember her telling us that. What are you thinking?" He folded his arms; paying close attention to her.
She dropped her arms at her sides. "Don't you think it's odd that she had that dream, and a few days later you received a call from Lunafreya? And what about Ravus and Stella? He thought Lunafreya was dead too. If they're both in Tenebrae, why hasn't he called Stella? She shouldn't have to hear this from anyone else."
Noctis lowered his eyes as he genuinely gave the situation some thought. Ignis and Iris made valid points. He would've been lying if he said he didn't feel stupid for falling right into the trap.
"Just be careful, Noct." She frowned and shifted her eyes towards the ocean.
He gently pulled her into his arms. "I will."