~12~

Joey's POV

I stayed at the screen when I hung up. My hands were shaking. I can't believe he did that. I went to my room and sat on my bed. Bastard, I thought. "I fucking hate you!" I yell. I covered my face with my pillow and cried. I was still crying when Dad got home. He came into my room and sat next to me. "Joey, what happened?" He asked.

"A-Andrew. He, he ch-cheated on me," I admit, hiccuping. "Joey. Its okay. Calm down," He soothed. I'm guessing my dad has never had to go through a breakup before. "Dad, have you ever broken up with someone?" I ask. He nods. "Its not the best feeling in the world, but I promise you'll feel better soon," He says, hugging me. I cross my legs and wipe my eyes. "I don't know dad. I thought Andrew was special. I really liked him, but I guess he didn't feel the same way," I sigh, sniffling.

"It's okay Joey. How about I take you out for dinner? Wherever you want," He offered. "No thanks dad. I don't feel like going anywhere," I sigh. He sighs. "Okay, I'll call in a pizza," He said, patting my back and leaving my room. I was about to unlock my phone, but my lock screen made me freeze. I was so pissed off. I threw my phone, not caring if it broke. I was so mad. My lock screen was still the two of us.

I cried into my pillow, still laying down. I just laid there crying in silence. I grabbed my laptop and put in my earbuds. I went through all the pictures I had of him or us together. There were so many. Going through them made me happy, but at the same time crushed my insides. I moved them to a folder, but never deleted them. I couldn't bring myself to do that.

I played games and worked on some paperwork for sports. I needed to distract myself, but every once in a while, I'd start thinking of him. Him and Lucas. Lucas. Of all people, Lucas. And right in front of me. I wipe my eyes again when my dad comes into my room. "You wanna head down to the paint store?" He asked. I shrugged. I needed to do something. "Can we just go tomorrow?" I ask. "Okay. Well, the pizza's here if you're hungry," He informed me, leaving my room.

I sighed and left my room, leaving my now cracked phone in its position against the wall under the window. "Sorry to pull the heartstring Joe, but how do you know he cheated on you?" Dad asked, picking his slice. "We were Skyping and he didn't hang up right. So, I was messing around in my room and when I went back to the computer, he was......" I paused. "He was what?" He asked. "He was b-basically having dry sex with Lucas and saying he loved him," I say, my eyes getting more and more watery as I spoke.

Dad's jaw dropped. "Joey. I'm so sorry. That's terrible and kind of disgusting," He said, trying to lighten the tension. "I know. He just... It seemed like he was completely over me. In just a matter of days," I sigh, taking a small bite. Dad patted my back and gave me quick side hug. His phone buzzed repeatedly. He answered. "Joe, I'm sorry, but they need me at the office real quick," He said. "S’fine dad," I say with a small smile to show him I was okay. He grabbed his jacket. "Be back." He locked the door and I was alone.

I turned on the T.V and played games on my laptop. I was doing a pretty good job at distracting myself.... Fuck, I just brought it up mentally. I sighed before locking my laptop. I glanced at my watch. It was barely 8. I sighed and plugged in my laptop. Slowly, I got my phone, quickly unlocking it. I changed the lock screen from us to New England Patriots. And I changed the home screen from him, Willow and me to just Willow. That made me look like she was my girlfriend. Like I was straight.

I changed it to a generic wallpaper. Everytime I looked at Willow I thought of Andrew. I turned my phone down so I couldn't hear the constant ringing because he was texting me. I blocked his number and buried my face into my arms. I blocked everything out and tried to just focus on the T.V. It didn't work. He kept running through my mind, and I couldn't keep him away.

I turn off the lights in the living room. It was a little past nine and Dad still wasn't back. I gnawed on a semi-stale pizza crust and slowly start to fall asleep. The door opening and closing made me jump awake. I look at my watch. It was almost ten. "Dad, I thought you were only going to be gone for a little bit," I sigh. "Sorry Joey. They had me doing a crap load of stuff," He says. "Its okay dad. I think I'm gonna get to bed," I yawn, standing up. "Alright. Goodnight Joe. Remember, we're going to the paint shop tomorrow before I go to work," He says. "Before? But dad-" Dad looked at me. "Don't worry, I don't have to go in until noon," He says. "Okay," I sigh.

~ ( his name is carlos. say hi to carlos. cx)

Dad and I went to the paint shop at 9 and I picked out a subtle maroon. We spent the next few hours preparing my room. I started painting and Dad said he'd help me when he got home. He claimed he was getting off early. When Dad finally did get home, it was 7. By then, I had painted most of the room, except the parts I couldn't reach.

We ate dinner and I slept on the couch. I think I was finally getting over and forgetting Andrew..... Fuck.