~10~

Tyler's POV

After school, I ran out of the building. I couldn't help but think about that boy. What was his name, Jimmy? Johnny? Joey! He tried to save me from Will and his crew. He knew my name, but that didn't make us friends. That simply made us not strangers.

I walk to a small forested area a couple of blocks from the school. There's this one tree, and you can tell I'm always around it, because the grass around it is flat compared to everywhere else. The bark scratches my hands as I climb. The tree had a bunch of branches assembled a certain way that made a flat area at the top, similar to a bed. I lay back on it, small sticks jabbing me, but it wasn't as bad as Jason's wrath.

I look through the bunched leaves that have tiny gaps. Its amazing that beyond the abuse and the pain and the lies, that there's a beautiful world waiting to be discovered. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to see beyond the pain, abuse, and the lies.

Slowly, I sit up and brush my thorax of the sticks and leaves and dirt. I climb down the tree, landing softly. I hear a branch break. I flinched, clenching my hands on the bark. It was just a deer. A little deer wandering without a care. I step towards it. He does what I do, flinch and wait for the hit. I slowly put my hand on his head. He then takes off, whacking my hand with his small antlers.

I scream in pain. Blood rises to the surface of my palm. I wish I had the courage to run away, instead of taking the beating like a coward. I wipe my hand on my shirt, smearing the blood on my hand. I walk home, taking all the time I need.

I sit on the corner of my bed, curled into a little ball. I felt tears rushing to my face. I don't even know why I was crying, I just felt the need to. I constantly feel asleep and woke up. Jason ran into my room. "Well, faggot. Looks like your finally home. Why you crying, some boy break your heart?" He teased. "J-Just f-fuck off!" I cry.

Jason grabbed my shirt and pulled me close to his face. I flinched. "You know how easily I could toss you out the window, queer. Just shut up and maybe I won't kill you, but you'd like that, wouldn't you," He spat. I quiver my lip, my breath shaky.

"That's what I thought," He said, throwing me back. He kicked my stomach, knocking the air out of me. "Faggot," He spit. He slammed the door behind him. I lie there, trying to regain my breath. I grip my sides, trying my best to ignoring the pain.

I started to cry again. Someone just kill me now.