~5~

Tyler's POV

After the final bell, I rush home and lock myself in my room before Jason has a chance to blink. I was so done with life, I just wanted to jump out the window.

I had smuggled Luke home, and he purred as he rubbed against my legs. Throughout the day, there were spitballs and paper and spilled lunches and gum and just everything was launched at me. I looked down at Luke.

Already, the cat was falling asleep in my lap. I smiled at him. Picking him up, I carried Luke to my closet and placed him on a pillow. If I can't be safe, Luke is. He's my only friend.

I hear a knock on my door. Panicking, I close the closet door and hide on the side of my bed. "C'mon faggot," Jason shouted, "let's see your damage." I could visualize his devil smirk. His knocking went to banging, which went to kicking.

Finally, I opened my window and slammed it shut. His banging stopped and his feet shuffled, followed by the front door shutting. I sigh in relief. Jason came back inside, kicked my door and then went to his room. My cruelest tourturer was also the stupidest.

I opened the closet door and sat next to Luke on his pillow. I looked at the cat, past out comfortably next to me. As tired as I was, I couldn't fall asleep. Why? It's quite simply, really. Jason, my mother, every person who is around me. That's why. I'm paranoid that someone is going to do something to me.

Luke walked on my stomach, making me chuckle lightly because his little paws tickled me. "Tyler. Dinner's ready," Mom said through the locked door. "No thanks," I mumbled back. She didn't care to answer, I could see her shadow, followed by Jason's, leaving the door way.

"Good thing I have a little bit smuggled for us," I whispered. Luke's ear perked as he cuddled next to my face. I laughed quietly and dragged my bag to us in the closet. I pulled out a sandwich I had saved from lunch. Tearing little pieces off, Luke and I shared the sandwich.

I was so alone, that this cat was the only thing that I can trust. Too bad Luke was old and could die in the next month. Then I'd go back to not trusting a single living soul.