27

Olivia's POV

I throw my keys onto the counter and let out a loud raspberry. Suddenly stressed once I've thought about everything that my dad told me earlier today. 

Mia, Johnson, and Jack come downstairs and gather in front of me, waiting for me to tell them what happened. 

"It went good, but it went shit as well." I say finally. 

"Why?" Mia asks. 

"Well, my dad and mom split up because she was having an affair with my biological father." I state.

"What the fuck." They all say.

"I know. He said that I should go visit her. He gave me her address and all. And on top of all of that, I've been such a shitty sister to Luke. So I'm gonna see if he wants to live here with me." I explain. 

"Did you tell him about.." Jack trails off. 

"Yeah, he freaked out at first. He's not gonna kill you, I don't think. But once I told him about the miscarriage he understood that I was going through a rough time." 

"Wow. At least I'm off the hook." Jack smiles, lightening up the mood. 

"Not yet pretty boy. He wants you and me over for dinner sometime this week." I say.

"Are you really going to go see your mom?" Johnson asks. 

"I mean, I should right? Like Jack said yesterday, If I had the baby I would want them to have their grandparents in their life."  

"If you had the baby." Mia says. 

I roll my eyes, "Mia stop." Jack warns. 

"I'm gonna go see her sometime this week. Jack you're gonna come with me." I tell them my final decision. 

"Why do I have to go, your mother hates me." Jack says. 

"I need moral support." I shrug. 

"Fine, but only because I love you." He says and kisses the side of my head. 

I hear a knock on the door and we all look at each other, eyebrows furrowed. "Who would that be?" Johnson asks. 

"I have no idea." Mia says. 

I walk over the to front door and open it, revealing my mother. 

"Mom? What the fuck are you doing here?" I ask. 

"I came to see you. Ryan (her step father) told me you went to see him today." 

"Why is he still talking to you after you cheated on him with my biological father?" I question. 

"We still talk." She shrugs. 

Jack walks up behind me, wrapping an arm around me protectively. 

"Jack." Mother says blankly. 

"Melody." Jack says. 

"It's Mrs. Gray to you." She says rudely. 

"Actually no it's not. Considering that you and dad split, that name no longer suits you. It's whatever my deadbeat father's is." I interrupt. 

"I came to talk to you Olivia. Come to dinner on Tuesday at 7, and that's not a question." Is all she says before turning on her heels and walking away. 

I slam the door shut, "I really fucking hate my life right now."

"It's okay baby." Jacks coos. 

"Shut up. I'm not in the mood." I huff. 

"I don't know how you deal with her." Jack laughs to Mia.